2019 Attendance

ted

1 hour ago, 1996 said:

I don’t understand what your trying to say? Of course it should be a lot cheaper it’s a lower level league right now compared to MLS so I would expect your seasons to be cheaper no? If one day the CPL is at the same level as the MLS and your seasons are half of what TFC seasons are for comparable seating then this would be news but right now one would hope your seasons would be a lot cheaper than TFC seasons for similar situated seats it would be expected no?

Yes, and that’s what I was saying; it was a comment in response to someone saying that they felt that the season ticket prices for York 9 FC are too expensive. I was pointing out that they are in fact much cheaper than TFC seasons, and therefore in my view are fairly priced. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ams1984 said:

Yes, and that’s what I was saying; it was a comment in response to someone saying that they felt that the season ticket prices for York 9 FC are too expensive. I was pointing out that they are in fact much cheaper than TFC seasons, and therefore in my view are fairly priced. 

Ok well from looking at the York 9 ticket prices I would agree with you I think they are fairly priced. I think York 9 tickets are pretty well in line with ticket prices across the league the tickets are reasonably priced.

If you look at the ticketmaster maps for teams like Cavalry and Valour. Those premium center field seats are showing some decent resistance to selling. They might go for the season opener but I expect those sections to be fairly empty throughout the season unless they adjust prices.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, Hybred said:

Just checked season tickets available for Forge FC on Ticketmaster. According to count only 521 season seats available. I wonder what the season seats cap they put on the 10,000 seats. I think they would go up to 6000-7000 so numbers look good for first season.

I think it was 6,000.  They only have 426 season seats left now so that should put them just above 5,500 season seats now.

I think they will get over 7,000 per game on average with weekend  games getting close to 8,000 or possibly even 9,000.  

I imagine people buying flex packs are taking all Saturday games (almost exclusively I’d guess).  Like for example the May 11th Saturday game has about 700 seats left on Ticketmaster so they’re probably about 8,500+ sold that game.  

The weekday games will be harder.  The Wednesday May 29 game has a lot of tickets left.  So for weekdays it would be closer to 6,000 I’d guess.

I do hope the CPL has a system in place to track the number of tickets sold/attendance for each team's home matches. I think it's crucial to know, we need have knowledge of these numbers, because on a year to year basis the average will grow and statistical analysis too.

Its too bad they're a lot of midweek games for the regular season (not including Canadian championship), hopefully with 10 teams in 2020, the 5 games can all be played on the weekend; One Friday Night, One Saturday afternoon, one Saturday night and Sunday - 2/3pm range. That way all rounds/fixtures can be used and the standings will show where each club stands, as everyone has played the same amount of games.

For Year 1: I'd expect a minimum 5,000, high of 10,000, average of 6,000-8,000

Forge, Valour, HFXW, FCE look very strong in ticket sales. Pacific and York are doing okay but with room to always improve. Calgary reallt concerns me, the location which is outside the city in the very very south, and the ticket prices are outrageously high. Luckily for Pacific, there's a culture in Victoria of being a walk-up crowd and since all season ticker members get a free jersey, that will help spread the word. York 9 Have until May 25 until their home opener, good enough time to try and sell out and the inaugural game will bring publicity plus 1,200 away fans is quite strong. If CPL makes noise in Toronto, expect GTA fans to "check it out" for a game or two at lions stadium

16 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

I do hope the CPL has a system in place to track the number of tickets sold/attendance for each team's home matches. I think it's crucial to know, we need have knowledge of these numbers, because on a year to year basis the average will grow and statistical analysis too.

I hope they make the numbers available too, no matter how good or bad they are, but just a word of caution. The smart money is probably on a dip in attendance in year 2. After MLS's first year the average attendance dropped in each of the next 4 seasons. There will probably be some amount of a novelty crowd in year 1, and the novelty will disappear. MLS didn't match/surpass its 1st season attendance average until its 16th season. Hopefully it doesn't take CPL that long, but I just wanted to make sure we have realistic expectations and not think that it's a given that attendance numbers will only get higher and higher.

Archived