Jump to content

2019 Attendance


ted
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, Winnipeg Fury said:

 

Always had a soft spot for St Mirren.  One of the Winnipeg Fury was their MVP in the mid 90's.

 

Paul Fenwick was one of those dependable players that did the tour of a few CSL clubs if I remember.  Not flashy...like St Mirren.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

I remember him more as a Morton and Hibs player in a Scottish context than a St Mirren one. Think he fell out of favour in a big way at Morton because of all the time he was spending with the CMNT given the lower tiers in Scotland don't take international breaks. Compare and contrast with Tomasz Radzinski basically.

And what better way to tick off Morton than to go to the local rivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

The pricing scheme was off, so a lot of members appear to have decided to steer clear as that's not much more than 1 ticket per member while other cities are said to be doing over 2.5 where the season tickets at midfield are more reasonably priced.



 

They were on pace for like 2500-3k a month ago when they moved like 1100 to 400 members. This slowing is just weird

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, matty said:

They were on pace for like 2500-3k a month ago when they moved like 1100 to 400 members. This slowing is just weird

Maybe player announcements have slowed that number? Perhaps some folks see the squad as foothills plus some journeymen, so can't justify the sky high prices compared to foothills last year? Complete speculation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, matty said:

They were on pace for like 2500-3k a month ago when they moved like 1100 to 400 members. This slowing is just weird

Was that not after they had been through the list once in terms of calling people at a time pre-arranged by email? I pointed out at the time that there could be a price related reason why members were not picking up and that there was no guarantee that things would follow the Halifax trajectory.

There are people claiming on Reddit that Pacific FC are doing worse than the Cavalry in terms of season ticket numbers despite having more sold per member. Suspect York is also going to be a struggler on this for reasons that Kent initially broached in another thread that led to all kinds of weird and wonderful responses.

There were always likely to be strugglers as well as success stories on this. On the bright side, the way to try to fix things in Calgary is obvious and York 9 always had a mountain to climb attracting fans being very much in TFC's shadow, but there's always likely to be some rich guy from a recent immigrant background in the GTA that has always dreamed of owning a soccer team to bankroll things. It's Pacific FC's low membership numbers that have been most concerning so far, in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Was that not after they had been through the list once in terms of calling people at a time pre-arranged by email? I pointed out at the time that there could be a price related reason why members were not picking up and that there was no guarantee that things would follow the Halifax trajectory.

There are people claiming on Reddit that Pacific FC are doing worse than the Cavalry in terms of season ticket numbers despite having more sold per member. Suspect York is also going to be a struggler on this for reasons that Kent initially broached in another thread that led to all kinds of weird and wonderful responses.

There were always likely to be strugglers as well as success stories on this. On the bright side, the way to try to fix things in Calgary is obvious and York 9 always had a mountain to climb attracting fans being very much in TFC's shadow, but there's always likely to be some rich guy from a recent immigrant background in the GTA that has always dreamed of owning a soccer team to bankroll things. It's Pacific FC's low membership numbers that have been most concerning so far, in my opinion.

from what i heard they had only talked with about a 1/3 to 1/2 of the base at that point. 

Edited by matty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The positives in Calgary and Victoria are that the venues are small and thus even having 1500 season tickets provides a pretty solid chunk of each respective stadium as sold.

Hopefully the hype of the early games leads many to fall in love with the atmosphere/experience and look to commit to season tickets and/or flex packs.

Still early days yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The downside of Valour is playing in that large stadium which is sort of out of sync with the rest of the league. It's going to be interesting how sales look after first game but suffice to say it would be smart if they isolate all tickets sales into that TV-exposed lower bowl....which from looking at the tickemaster map is what they are doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

The downside of Valour is playing in that large stadium which is sort of out of sync with the rest of the league. It's going to be interesting how sales look after first game but suffice to say it would be smart if they isolate all tickets sales into that TV-exposed lower bowl....which from looking at the tickemaster map is what they are doing.

Valour is only opening less than half of the lower bowl: 10,000 capacity out of a possible 23k or so. As nice as IG Field is, I agree with your point and would prefer a smaller football-specific stadium. Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen under Bomber ownership, as they struggle desperately to pay off that huge stadium debt.

Edited by dsqpr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Valour is only opening less than half of the lower bowl: 10,000 capacity out of a possible 23k or so. As nice as IG Field is, I agree with your point and would prefer a smaller football-specific stadium. Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen under Bomber ownership, as they struggle desperately to pay off that huge stadium debt.

Yeah that's what I meant by "tv-exposed side"....at least I hope thats the side they are using.

The only thing is with mediaPro going all out on cameras other areas of the stadium will be shown on different camera angles/replays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...