List of Canadian soccer podcasts

fil

Has Jason Bent done any recent interviews?   He is still Vanney's right hand man at LAG since taking over from Colorado bound Fraser at TFC.  He might be ready for the next challenge of being the number one elsewhere (probably not MLS but perhaps down the road).  I would like to hear his thoughts about his coaching career to date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 2:59 PM, frattinator said:

They only started doing this, but Kaylyn Kyle, Diana Matheson, and Carmenlina Moscato started doing an informal podcast/vlog and it's been pretty entertaining. They had Richie Laryea on as a guest in the last episode and had Herdman on there as well. 

this was a good series of podcasts.. i hope they continue during the WCQ windows

On 8/23/2021 at 9:30 AM, TOcanadafan said:

I’m sure it’s not good form to reply to one’s own post, but I did listen to that podcast… more of an introductory one, so not getting anything too juicy.  But I did go back to the previous podcast from one of the hosts (Jamie Neugebauer / Neugsie) where he interviews Steven Caldwell (on things CanMNT, TFC/MLS, Scottish soccer) - well worth a listen… really enjoyed Neugsie’s style.  Looking forward to where this project goes.

• 1 month later...

Even noted soccer hater Bob McCown jumps on board. But it is a very high quality podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-bob-mccown-podcast/id1518820915?i=1000538604796

JAMES SHARMAN - friend of the show and football aficionado - joins the podcast to discuss the big 4-1 win our Mens national team had over Panama in yesterdays FIFA qualifying match.

We discuss the events of the game and marvel at Alphonso Davies performance and controversial goal.

James gives us some perspective at just how good Davies is, what that means for the future of soccer in Canada as well as the success of the mens team.

We discuss the rising popularity of the sport in Canada and the direction we could see it go as Canada is set to host a portion of the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

Edited by red card

• 4 weeks later...

been meaning to post this for a long time: not a podcast, but still a very good source for football news.

you guys ever stumble onto a YT guy called adrian?  he has a channel called 'rabonatv' or 'rabona tv'.  he talks all sorts of untalked stuff about footie and though he hides it to maintain an international audience, im  98% sure the kid is canadian

16 hours ago, kungfucious said:

been meaning to post this for a long time: not a podcast, but still a very good source for football news.

you guys ever stumble onto a YT guy called adrian?  he has a channel called 'rabonatv' or 'rabona tv'.  he talks all sorts of untalked stuff about footie and though he hides it to maintain an international audience, im  98% sure the kid is canadian

Yup and it appears he is Portuguese background as far as I recall. Makes some decent vids but it's not CMNT-heavy enough for my taste.

Josh at JJD TV is more of my speed. It's a Dortmund channel primarily, but increasingly more focused on Canadian content (which I tune in for regularly). If Josh isn't on these boards, I am pretty impressed by how up to date he is on things. For example, he had a 50 minute live stream about Ugbo the other day, talking about his backstory, player profile, form at Genk, etc. His roster drop videos every window are good as well.

It's not as novel and granular as we get around here, but if you don't have time to scour and monitor this board for the nitty gritty then it's a good place to get info. Plus he brings on guests who are fans from other confederations and I like to see what outsiders think of our team. Anyways, it's worth checking out IMO.

Edited by Obinna

Another national team focused pod launched by CANMNT Universe that is a twitter account branching out. 2 Toronto area guys - one working at Sportsnet and one guy who played soccer in Vaughan. Seems like both played against Ike Ike. 

Only for Spotify for now. 2 episodes about 45 minutes each. First episode is basically answering questions from twitter followers. 

12 hours ago, red card said:

Another national team focused pod launched by CANMNT Universe that is a twitter account branching out. 2 Toronto area guys - one working at Sportsnet and one guy who played soccer in Vaughan. Seems like both played against Ike Ike. 

Only for Spotify for now. 2 episodes about 45 minutes each. First episode is basically answering questions from twitter followers. 

Half way through the 1st episode. This is way better than I expected from 1st timers.

So is the David guy David Monsalve?

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Half way through the 1st episode. This is way better than I expected from 1st timers.

So is the David guy David Monsalve?

It felt like listening to an audible version of this forum minus the 5% outlier takes. 

With podcasts usurping radio & sports tv discussion shows (in terms of both reach & impact) combined with the rise of Canada's national teams, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

This time, it's a more broader podcast covering Europe to North America. Dr Manuel Veth leads it with two other Canadians (one seems to be based in Europe) and an American. In their latest episode 5, they cover Whitecaps, Canada's matches in this window & CPL expansion. Veth says expect pro/rel to come to CPL after 1st division is stabilized - a la J League pathway.

• 4 weeks later...

Edited interview with Mont Vic on ESPN FC Gab & Jules Meets podcast. 

Gab & Jules ask him if he wants to be FIFA president. Vic discusses possibility of Central American super league. The first time he heard Alphonso Davies name. Herdman getting the women's post after failing on the first try. And how close he is with Herdman - including Herdman spending the first 4-5 hours at his house after being hired as men's manager even though Vic was no longer head of Canada fed. 

Sidebar: Vic's neighbour in Vancouver is Carlo Ancelotti. 

Edited by red card

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The award-winning daily sports show from Wondery and The Athletic, known for delivering the best storytelling in sports. The Lead cuts through the chatter and brings you in-depth reporting and emotional stories, to help make sense of the complicated sports landscape.

There's An Emerging Force In World Soccer, And It's…Canada?

When you think about Canada and sports, soccer probably isn't the first thing to come to mind. But the country has recently emerged as a global power on both the men's and women's sides, with the women winning gold at the Tokyo Olympics and the men currently sitting atop the CONCACAF World Cup qualifying standings. The Athletic's Joshua Kloke joins us to discuss how a "golden generation" of young players, including Alphonso Davies, is pushing Canada toward greatness, and picking up new fans along the way. Plus, why Canadian soccer officials believe the man who took the women's program to new heights will do the same with the men.

• 3 weeks later...

World of Concacaf Podcast

The long awaited Canada episode is finally here! First, and most importantly, CONCACAF NEWS WIRE (2:21) gives you the latest on Concacaf Nations League and the epic return of the world's best competition in 2022.

Then an update on World Cup Qualifying in SCOREBOARD WATCH (6:07) before we take our CONCACAF LASER FOCUS (18:17) north of the border to talk about Canada, the CanMNT, CanWNT and then our trip up to Hamilton for USA-Canada in POD ON THE ROAD (48:33). Jonathan gets to bat on REAL TEAM OR FAKE TEAM (66:06).

https://podcacaf.podbean.com/e/13-canada/

Edited by red card