General MLS Talk 2019

Big_M

10 hours ago, gator said:

On top of the poor penalty decision this ref misses what should be a Red Card for a forearm on the Caps player, I've seen enough of this ref already this season and he's called an MLS rising star, shakes head!

I disagree. I think the ref got all of the big decisions correct.

I'm not sure how people can say that is not a penalty on Cornelius. He gets a slight touch on the ball, but it is still there to be won. If not for the contact from Cornelius, the Houston player is getting to that ball. That's a penalty all day for me.

8 hours ago, masster said:

I'm not sure how people can say that is not a penalty on Cornelius. He gets a slight touch on the ball, but it is still there to be won. If not for the contact from Cornelius, the Houston player is getting to that ball. That's a penalty all day for me.

I'm pretty sure the VAR ref said it was not a penalty 

1 hour ago, ddoouugg said:

I'm pretty sure the VAR ref said it was not a penalty 

Not necessarily but he felt strong enough with the call on the play to alert the field ref that he needs to watch the replay as it might change his original decision. Would be interesting to see the percentage of his calls that the match referee overturns after being told by the VAR guy he may have missed something.  You would think it would be well above 66% but when I think about it, it seems lower.  

Only 5 games this weekend 4 of them today with 2 western battles and 3 eastern..in the east philly orlando new england must step up and in the west the 4 teams playing are not in a bad place..gonna be a mostly usl weekend with 11 games today and 3 tomorrow..and usl league one starts next week so will be interesting..fabian out today getting an extra game suspension

On 3/17/2019 at 3:37 AM, masster said:

We reviewed and discussed the Montero call at a referee meeting and the majority agreed it was not a red card, the straight arm makes contact with the shoulder first.  The criteria for a red is excessive force and that seems absent on this play, now if the player had lead with an elbow we would be looking at a red.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

NYRB vs Orlando..2 of 4 starters at the back are out for red bulls so big opportunity for orlando who will be without their 3 Canadians

Philly vs Crew..both have a number of players out with national teams and injured including their starting keepers so should be interesting..18 yo aaronson should start again in place of fabian