Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but the only Canadian players I would keep on this TFC team is Laryea and Osorio.

6 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I'll say this, it's very tough to see a $6 million difference in Bradley vs. Fraser from what you get on the field. Maybe Bradley could have linked up with Altidore better after over a decade of playing together but then that's only to be expected since Fraser doesn't have the same relationship with Altidore as yet.

We'll probably be seeing more of Fraser in the weeks to come. Bradley is questionable for Friday and then the Gold Cup players are apparently going to be released to the national team after that game.

Look we all want Canadian players to do well and get playing time but I’m still not that impressed with Fraser and I did see enough of him last season too, hopefully I’m wrong and he turns out to be even better than Bradley. However, I’m sorry Morgan God bless him but he is what he is and definitely not starting material. Hamilton is also a guy that I don’t think will get better than he is no matter how much playing time he gets. Chapman is not getting any better and I don’t see him as an everyday starter on this team or in the MLS , these Canadians have been given enough playing time to show their stuff and they are just not improving unfortunately. Now Osorio is the real deal and  Laryea has impressed every time he has been on the field the kid can play and I see him becoming a regular starter soon. Laryea has impressed much more  in the little time he has played than all of Morgan, Fraser, Chapman and Hamilton with all the playing time they have played over the past two years . 

Edited by SoccMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Are you getting the feeling that Bradley is already out the door? A twinge or a slight pull etc, skip a few games, but then healthy for USMNT, have a week or with them while agent and TFC hash out the details and announce a transfer after the GC?  It would fit with the new GM rep for going younger and cheaper.  

I wasn't getting that feeling, no......but given the rumour re: Monterrey the scenario you outline seems plausible to me.

To SoccMan's point - I don't think Fraser is ever likely going to become "better" than Bradley or even as good as him (I don't think he has the same physical attributes that Bradley would have had in his prime), my point was more that I don't see how the team can continue to use up a DP spot on a guy doesn't give you a DP's worth of improvement over a local kid making $70K.  I'm sure there's loads of intangibles that one can point to for Bradley that he brings that we can't see sitting in the stands, but even so, those intangibles haven't been making much of a positive impact on the field since the 2018 Concacaf Champions League ended. For me if they keep Bradley it can't be at a DP slot anymore, they have too many deficiencies elsewhere, at the back, on the wings, etc. where they could use another DP whereas central midfield is where they seem to have a glut of players. We might add right back to that list of deficiencies unless Laryea does nab that spot, as Auro's defensive deficiencies are starting to overshadow the amount of offensive he generates.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laryea the right winger the team has been missing. No idea why Vanney was playing him at RB. Deleon can be the backup RB, that’s where he belong , he has no speed or creativity or finishing ability to be a forward/wing. 

In my perfect world, Bradley is gone next window. TFC brings in a DP winger and a TAM winger/striker (Janson like) and a TAM CB. 

Telfer and Laryea can be backup wingers and maybe play LB/RB in some cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

I’m sorry but the only Canadian players I would keep on this TFC team is Laryea and Osorio.

Look we all want Canadian players to do well and get playing time but I’m still not that impressed with Fraser and I did see enough of him last season too, hopefully I’m wrong and he turns out to be even better than Bradley. However, I’m sorry Morgan God bless him but he is what he is and definitely not starting material. Hamilton is also a guy that I don’t think will get better than he is no matter how much playing time he gets. Chapman is not getting any better and I don’t see him as an everyday starter on this team or in the MLS , these Canadians have been given enough playing time to show their stuff and they are just not improving unfortunately. Now Osorio is the real deal and  Laryea has impressed every time he has been on the field the kid can play and I see him becoming a regular starter soon. Laryea has impressed much more  in the little time he has played than all of Morgan, Fraser, Chapman and Hamilton with all the playing time they have played over the past two years . 

Hmmm, do I think Fraser will be good enough to play at Roma, or the Bunda??  NO!  But MLS is a salary cap league, There are still plenty of roster spots and decent salaries for guys like Chapman, Fraser, Morgan and Hamilton.  Give me a break, if Chad Barett or W. Crevalle, Tommy Mac, Eric Alexander, Q Amerikwa can all have long MLS carer's based on being american, and just good enough to fill a roster spot why cant a CDN club give CDN kids similar shots??  

And how do you think Osorio got to be the player he is today??  The brass stuck with him.  Chapman has shown improvement every year.  You turn these guys loose (CHapman/Hamilton/Fraser etc) and you replace them with what?? American journeymen, US college kids??  You can only have maybe 1-2 more INT spots.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the most exciting of a match until the last 10 minutes, Liam Fraser had a very tidy display of passing, his stats will reflect that I'm sure, a point is probably what neither team wanted or needs at this stage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caldwell finally had something good to say.  Why did it take 80min and going down a goal before TFC showed any sort of spark??  That was tough to watch.  Did anyone catch what Herdman had to say when he was in the booth??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I don't think I have seen a striker in MLS who looks more uncoordinated with his feet than Terence Boyd

It looks like they didn't even scout him. 

He is possibly the worst TFC signing ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Caldwell finally had something good to say.  Why did it take 80min and going down a goal before TFC showed any sort of spark??  That was tough to watch.  Did anyone catch what Herdman had to say when he was in the booth??  

They asked him why he didn't call Ballou Tabla and then Liam Fraser (with Caldwell pointing out that Fraser was the best player on the pitch). He explained that with Fraser it was basically because he could get club minutes and hadn't played much this season until recently and it was similar to Tabla who he said has a big future for Canada but only played about 12 minutes for his club and like Fraser is coming up on a contract year. He also initially agreed with Caldwell and Wileman that it was an obvious PK that went uncalled when Altidore was tripped but later said that he didn't want to say anything because he lives in Vancouver. He also talked about Crepeau getting close to pushing Borjan for the starting spot and I think talked about Teibert but I mentally tuned out when they were discussing him

I wish they had asked him about Laryea (who was in the middle of getting injured while he was in the booth) and if he had a back up plan if Osorio (who missed the game again because of injury) doesn't regain health in time to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fraser, in my opinion, should be a starter and Bradley should be moved into Delgado's spot where he can be more of a threat to score. Pozuelo is dropping too deep leaving a massive gap with the forwards.  Bradley would help to bridge that. Having ants in your pants and being all over the field only means something if you contribute to the team performance and Marco is not doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the schedule coming up and jozy bradley osorio leaving for the gold cup its hard to see tfc winning any games until july. 

Turf needs to get out of mls. Two injuries to tfc players caused by it. 

I honestly didnt see a drop off with fraser from bradley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

 and I think talked about Teibert but I mentally tuned out when they were discussing him

He said that he thought Teibert may have more to offer the Whitecaps in a more advanced role like the one he has often played for Canada, but that he was very committed in the running and defensive work he has been doing this season under MDS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, narduch said:

It looks like they didn't even scout him. 

He is possibly the worst TFC signing ever. 

I certain that they didn't think he would be without a goal by the time June came around. My guess is he started in part because they are planning to rely on him more with Altidore out for the Gold Cup. That is a scary thought, even though it seems like it has been months since Altidore last scored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I certain that they didn't think he would be without a goal by the time June came around. My guess is he started in part because they are planning to rely on him more with Altidore out for the Gold Cup. That is a scary thought, even though it seems like it has been months since Altidore last scored.

Hopefully akinola returns soon or call up perruzza. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really should be an opportunity for Hamilton, he has to prove he can be a reliable striker at this level, we have seen flashes of what he can do, too often he hasn't been effective, he was isolated when he started a couple of matches and didn't do too much, nor did Jozy when played in that role! Hamilton didn't look great in his time off the bench last night and losing possession in the attacking third eventually resulted in a defensive breakdown and penalty, I hope Vanney doesn't give him the Mo Babouli treatment, his backheel attempt didn't come off and resulted in a goal against, he never played for TFC again! As others have said, Boyd looks useless out there and has all season, I hope Hamilton gets more chances! Fraser should be getting more minutes due to MB's injury/, he has looked very good the last 2 matches he started, lots of great passing and positioning, hopefully Chapman doesn't stayed glued to the bench!, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Caldwell finally had something good to say.  Why did it take 80min and going down a goal before TFC showed any sort of spark??  That was tough to watch.

Caldwell also mentioned that TFC's entire tactical organization relies on individual brilliance to be successful, which I thought was pretty good.  Vanney was successful with Giovinco because he could make something out of nothing.  Now that he's gone, things are different.  Pozuelo is good, but he needs someone to finish.  Never really been a big fan of Vanney and this little run accentuates his deficiencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jozy has had 2 very poor games in a row. Looks lethargic, not winning one on one battles and low work rate. Is he carrying an injury? I can't say I am surprised with Mavinga's injury. The dude has been injury prone since he joined TFC . So one of Ciman or Zavs to start...yikes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gator said:

Liam Fraser had a very tidy display of passing, his stats will reflect that I'm sure, 

1690415034_ScreenShot2019-06-01at8_41_04AM.png.1a48eb9c36682d6d3e52720536752119.png

Just the one missed pass in his half. Great to see so many passes going forward.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gator said:

This really should be an opportunity for Hamilton, he has to prove he can be a reliable striker at this level, we have seen flashes of what he can do, too often he hasn't been effective, he was isolated when he started a couple of matches and didn't do too much, nor did Jozy when played in that role! Hamilton didn't look great in his time off the bench last night and losing possession in the attacking third eventually resulted in a defensive breakdown and penalty, I hope Vanney doesn't give him the Mo Babouli treatment, his backheel attempt didn't come off and resulted in a goal against, he never played for TFC again! As others have said, Boyd looks useless out there and has all season, I hope Hamilton gets more chances! Fraser should be getting more minutes due to MB's injury/, he has looked very good the last 2 matches he started, lots of great passing and positioning, hopefully Chapman doesn't stayed glued to the bench!, 

I thought with POZ in there it would be different, but like Caldwell said, they dont have any sort of system or plan on breaking down defenses.  They are waiting on POZ to spring Jozy for a wonderful finish, and it just didnt come off.  I think they miss Osorio more than Bradley...although Delgado actually put together a few passes that went forward, not backward.  Somebody in Mid needs to be proactive besides Poz.  Maybe they can take the Bradley money and get someone.  Because, Deleon has been ok, Ciman is dissapointing and Boyd a stinker.  I would say that Mista is still the worst big signing TFC has made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I thought with POZ in there it would be different, but like Caldwell said, they dont have any sort of system or plan on breaking down defenses.  They are waiting on POZ to spring Jozy for a wonderful finish, and it just didnt come off.  I think they miss Osorio more than Bradley...although Delgado actually put together a few passes that went forward, not backward.  Somebody in Mid needs to be proactive besides Poz.  Maybe they can take the Bradley money and get someone.  Because, Deleon has been ok, Ciman is dissapointing and Boyd a stinker.  I would say that Mista is still the worst big signing TFC has made.  

Boyd is coming for the worst ever signing that’s for sure. 

Ciman played well last game. He is coming around after an awful start. Moor has been pretty bad lately and no one seems to be shitting on him the same way everyone was shitting on Ciman. 

Bradley has got to go you cant waste a DP spot on a DM in MLS. Fraser impressed the hell out of me the past two games. TFC with a DP winger/striker and a TAM winger and TAM CB would be a contender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Andy Welsh at least scored a goal and was a real winger. He actually had a half decent career in the English football leagues after leaving

Boyd makes me lose hope in the current management regime. I wonder if he will still even be in the game much longer

Edited by narduch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...