Canadians abroad: March 1-7, 2019

DJT

6 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Haven't seen this posted.  Zorhan Bassong started and played 90 for Cercle Brugge yesterday in a 2-1 loss.

Just checked the game stats and he wasn’t listed in the 18 unless I missed something 

01D8E8E5-00F5-4405-81A8-DE90F58FA153.jpeg

Ben McKendry played the last half hour or so in a 4-3 loss to GAIS in the Swedish Cup, his first competitive appearance for Nykopings I believe.

Jordan Webb got a yellow and scored the last goal in a 5-1 Tampines win over Hougang in the S-League opener

Zak Epplette scored off a corner in a 4-1 friendly win for his new club Forward yesterday

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Kaye back in the XI for LAFC vs SKC tonight.  Jakovic isn’t dressed. 

Playing a more advanced left centre mid role in an attacking 4-3-3.  Got more involved as the half went on.  Had a golden scoring opportunity but did not get a good shot off. 

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

In Chile, Huachipato lost against U de Chile yesterday.  Neither Cordova or Christian Gutierrez were in the 18.

This is the second game in a row Cordova has not made the 18.  For Gutierrez its been even longer.

Guti's loan was terminated.

23 hours ago, shamrock said:

Both Vitoria and James start on the bench tonight. 

And stayed on there for the entire game. As did Elva for Würzburg. 

Gomes did play his second consecutive game for Casa Pia. They won 2-1 over Vasco da Gama and are still very much in play for the second spot which warrants promotion. 

3 hours ago, Vince193 said:

It's a shame James hasn't gotten off the bench yet for his club.

I'm even more disappointed about Elva actually. This is a guy who was a very bright prospect for us not to long ago. Now, it feels like he has fallen off the map. 

I think he should consider getting out of Germany at this point. Perhaps come home and launch his career here, because it is not happening in Europe seemingly. He's still young enough that a good year or two in the CanPL might allow him to earn an MLS chance.

He's surely got the attacking talent teams would gamble on.

And from a selfish perspective, I would love to see him with Cavalry and watch him become the first Canadian that used the league as a stepping stone. That will be a big watershed moment, no matter who is the first.

5 hours ago, Vince193 said:

It's a shame James hasn't gotten off the bench yet for his club.

Well it is, but you can't expect him to just walk into the line-up of a team that's second of the league and winning a lot. It's very positive that Mitjiland recalled him, but h's still a back-up.

On Elva, he was overhyped of course, but also I think he's just unlucky to have landed at Würzburg. I don't know the club but I'm sure there's 3. Liga teams out there who'd play him week-in week-out. I also think he's better in a two-striker system than on the wing.  

Borjan getting a rest for today’s match with Mladost

Scotland

Kosovar Sadiki started for Hibs reserves against St. Mirren the other morning. 2-1 win.

Harry Paton also started for Ross county’s reserves against Kilmarnock. 1-0 loss

Archived