2019 CONCACAF U17 Championship

Kent

2 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

If Canada finishes second ( most probably) will face Surinam or Curaçao in Round of 16. The ticket  to WC will be for the winner of the QF match between  Canada -Panama/Costa Rica. Then Canada  can play once again in SF vs USA. The top 4 teams will qualify for the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil

There's every reason to believe we have a great shot at that Panama/Costa Rica winner game!  

15 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Still don't understand the lack of quality with our defenders though....that is something that coaching or tactics can fix

I have no answer for it, but it's becoming clear that this is a structural problem and I agree youth coaching should be able to fix this. 

Very poor half by the boys. Colyn more active in the game but our defence and mids are shaky. Giving the ball away cheaply. Lucky on that own goal as Canada have not generated much other than through the Jayden free kick. Goulbourne and Demian on the left of our defence have been especially weak and our other mids not much better. Kamron looks like he is the withdrawn #9. Jayden only player up to par.

In the 2nd half with Curacao going for the equalizer the game got stretched and Canada got space. Jayden Nelsen is on a different level and was involved in 3 of the 4 goals. He could have scored another hat trick. MOTM performance. Our big 3 came through. We don't seem to have a sub for Rowe at striker?. When Omeonga came on he made a huge difference on the right side, but we need to start the QF with either Rowe or Omeonga upfront. Don't want to be negative after a 4-0 performance but it is clear that some players are much weaker than others on this squad but we have enough quality for a starting 11 and 3 subs to win the QF. Last I heard CR were tied 1-1. GO CANADA

1 hour ago, xabuep2 said:

Nicaragua 1-2 Costa Rica 2 . 

Canada plays vs The Ticos next sunday at 10:00 am ET

I didn't watch the game but if Nicaragua can narrowly lose 2 to 1 then I hope we can get the result we need.  Again, I didn't watch the game so I don't know if the game was close or one-sided but the result has me hopeful.  Our defense has been better as well.  

At least they're now in a position to win it (qualification I mean). Don't know if it's going to be enough, but they have a fighting chance. 

About the roster being unevenly talented, this probably goes for (almost) all of the teams. I'm still not sold on the D, but hey as long as they keep scoring goals like this, it might not matter!