2019 CONCACAF U17 Championship

Kent

2 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-selects-u-17-squad-for-mexico-trip-as-part-of-men-s-excel-program-p162078-preview-1 The team. All Canadians clubs are MLS or CPL affiliated. No Marcelo Flores either.

Couple of youngsters with EU passports i see...good luck to them at Feyenoord and Chievo. Would assume Flores had something else on the go or is injured. CSA has to know about him.

Oh boy Olivieri is coaching this team? For the love of god he should have been fired for the last U-20 failure yet CSA reward mediocrity. I'm telling you it's an old boys club that promise no change and quite sad reality to be frank with you 

20 players from the 3 Canadian MLS clubs just wow. 

Lets run the numbers down shall we? 8 from Impact, 7 from TFC and 5 from the Whitecaps and 1 from FC Edmonton 

No Ottawa Fury? I guarantee you there's talent in that academy too as the only 5 pro clubs with youth set ups at the moment.

Aside from FCE, can't wait for the other 6 CPL clubs and expansion sides to come to open up their own Academies because CANADA IS MUCH MORE THAN VANCOUVER, TORONTO and MONTREAL!

Yet some of you compare it's not the MLS teams cause US does a good job, give me a break for crying out loud; they have 20 teams to pick from and have a scouting network of players abroad in Europe and in Mexico - even dual nationals who's first choice would not be the Yankees they pursue every possibility 

I hope that by the official tournament the roster is different although it won't be by much at best, How can a player in Marcelo Flores who's at Arsenal and has publicly stated that he wants to represent Canada not be included? 

Is there not more Canadians based out of the states (1) and European based talent (2) out there? Srsly though, we can do so much better yet they keep putting a team from 3 sides plus a few other springled in 

If the impact, whitecaps and TFC have 75 players for this age group and you're picking the best 20 out of these 3 clubs NOT THE COUNTRY 

definition of insanity ? Doing the same thing and expect a different result 

If only the few soccer journalists there were in this country would actually bother to question Canada Soccer but they don't 

Edited by Thomas

Just some the players not called up for the camp. What a joke !! There must be a deal between MLS and the CSA! 

GK - Owen Goodman Crystal palace

MF/ST- Marcelo Flores Arsenal

RW - Theodor Corbeanu ( Romania)-Wolverhampton Wanderers U18

W - Kilian Bourleau - TSV Grünwald U19

MF - Raul Matton - TuS Grevenbroich U17

MF - Noah Pacheco - Chievo Verona International Academy U17

DF - Scott Sidawi - Rood Groen LVC'01

MF - Logan Cavaco - CF Belenenses

ST Luke Rosettani-AD Oeiras

Defender - Remedi Llalpi - Valencia Soccer Academy

MF- Fabian Bouleau- Älvsjö AIK FF

GK - Andy Käppeli - FC Zürich

MF - David Sloane - Carrigaline United

ST- Saviola Elva - Big Players FC

Defender - Alejandro Francisco Kukovica- Connah's Quay Nomads FC

ST - Rafael Pinzon - Escuela de Fútbol Cruz Azul

Edited by SpecialK

5 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Oh boy Olivieri is coaching this team? For the love of god he should have been fired for the last U-20 failure yet CSA reward mediocrity. I'm telling you it's an old boys club that promise no change and quite sad reality to be frank with you 

20 players from the 3 Canadian MLS clubs just wow. 

Lets run the numbers down shall we? 8 from Impact, 7 from TFC and 5 from the Whitecaps and 1 from FC Edmonton 

I also want to point out that there is complete bias as to the youth players that play for MLS clubs and that these are not even necessarily the best players in their respective cities.  There are numerous youth soccer players sprinkled throughout these cities that are not playing for the MLS club.  Lets face it, these MLS clubs have specific feeder clubs and there are still "politics" on who is invited to play for these clubs.  Althoug, I want to be clear that these kids on MLS clubs are still very talented.

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Just some the players not called up for the camp. What a joke !! There must be a deal between MLS and the CSA! 

How is this acceptable?

The sooner we bring these players into our youth player pool, must increase our chances for securing them to our senior team down the line.

7 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I am going to throw it out there that most of those clubs are a much lower quality than our MLS academies. I am also going to assume that those that are at strong clubs were probably invited and declined.

I agree that we should not solely rely on MLS acadmies but I do not really think a kid at club in St. Lucia belongs at a camp like this. I think what we should be annoyed at is no kids from smaller Canadian clubs.  

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

Olivieri running the team.. enough said.  What an embarrassment, if this team goes anywhere it will be all down to the players. 

Again, there are options out there ! Why does the CSA do this. In the past they have hired  Little to no experience or amateur coaches. Now it’s Herdman’s bag man ! It’s just crap. 

Enzo Concina ( former Impact,former SSC Napoli  assistant manager ), Kevin McKenna ( 1.FC Köln II  assistant manager ) ,  Patrice Bernier (  Montreal impact academy) , Jimmy Nicholl. Those are just a few 

1 minute ago, SpecialK said:

Again, there are options out there ! Why does the CSA do this. In the past they have hired  Little to no experience or amateur coaches. Now it’s Herdman’s bag man ! It’s just crap. 

Enzo Concina ( former Impact,former SSC Napoli  assistant manager ), Kevin McKenna ( 1.FC Köln II  assistant manager ) ,  Patrice Bernier (  Montreal impact academy) , Jimmy Nicholl. Those are just a few 

Because they might not want to. I too would like to have a better manager lead our youth teams and have better/more players at camps but WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES. So please stop acting like the sky is falling because of a U17 camp

7 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I am going to throw it out there that most of those clubs are a much lower quality than our MLS academies. I am also going to assume that those that are at strong clubs were probably invited and declined.

I agree that we should not solely rely on MLS acadmies but I do not really think a kid at club in St. Lucia belongs at a camp like this. I think what we should be annoyed at is no kids from smaller Canadian clubs.  

Arsenal, crystal palace , CF Belenenses, Wolverhampton, FC Zürich, Escuela de Fútbol Cruz Azul. Are bigger than MLS . Elva should be part of ID camp. I’m pretty sure he’s the younger brother of Caniggia Elva. If he’s like his brother the kid got some talent. 

10 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Because they might not want to. I too would like to have a better manager lead our youth teams and have better/more players at camps but WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES. So please stop acting like the sky is falling because of a U17 camp

The sky is not falling, but it’s just crap and we are just shooting Ourselves in the foot when we don’t have a real manager at the helm. Also the CSA is just lazy and cheap to scout young players. 

Edited by SpecialK

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Arsenal, crystal palace , CF Belenenses, Wolverhampton, FC Zürich, Escuela de Fútbol Cruz Azul. Are bigger than MLS . Elva should be part of ID camp. I’m pretty sure he’s the younger brother of Caniggia Elva. If he’s like his brother the kid got some talent. 

That may be true, but let's be fair.  Elva is a bit player on a 3rd tier German team.  And he is 23 years old.  He may never be good enough to play for us.  We have  many kids 4-5 years younger playing at a higher level. 

Yeah and I am guessing those kids were invited as the CSA is aware of at least four of them but guess what they can say no or are injured. So maybe lets relax a little bit since we do not know any of the details. Would also be absolute bush league to invite a kid just because he is someones brother

Qualifying for youth World Cups are very important, for building winners and for showcasing Canadian players on the world stage.

I am sorry to say it really is not. Look at the squads that qualified in 2011 and 2013. Not a lot of senior team contribution.

I honestly dont think there is another country in the world that cares about U17 teams as much as we do