2019 CONCACAF U17 Championship

Kent

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

2. We all had high expectations going in as there were some real jewels (Jayden, Kamron, Colyn and Rowe) on this squad and a few more made their case during the tournament.

Which players did you think made a case for themselves? (Or didn’t)

9 minutes ago, Arsenalfcfan said:

Which players did you think made a case for themselves? (Or didn’t)

In addition to the 4 players mentioned, Omeonga on the wing was impressive. Fast, strong, good skill on the ball, great work rate and calm finisher....just needs to go  easy on tackles. On defence Facchineri was solid and calm; positionally sound and for a big lad did not get torched by speedy forwards. There were others that performed well but not enough minutes played to give an opinion.

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I think it's great that we win and qualify for the U17 WC and still have disagreements re performance, coaching tactics etc. That's what happens on forums for all the top teams! Its all good guys, this is a positive development.   So lets agree on the following 2 items:

1. Qualifying for a youth WC is important; for recognition of our youth prospects, solidifying the mentality that we have lacked in big games against Concacaf teams and  to attract top level athletes for youth  soccer throughout Canada.

2. We all had high expectations going in as there were some real jewels (Jayden, Kamron, Colyn and Rowe) on this squad and a few more made their case during the tournament.

It is a challenge for any coaching team to put their stamp on a team when we have so few camps and friendlies, but there are indicators such as  set plays on offence and defence; how we set up the defensive shield and  structure when attacking that provides some insight re coaching. Almost all the boys come from MLS academies that have structured coaching and have experience in tournaments. The CSA coaching staff have been working closely with the 3 MLS academies over the past year presumably trying to incorporate some of their tactics, strategies etc that they intend to deploy for qualifiers. In other words, this was not a one week coaching camp.  All of us whether as employees, professionals or family members are accountable to our employers, clients or family members and that holds true for soccer players, coaches and CSA executives. We should continue to expect the very best and the highest standards from our players, coaches and management. 

Looking forward to the USA game!

Now with CPL I am hoping these Clubs both current and future will create Acediemies  therefore  making our player pool even larger

3-0. Game over. (Figuratively) not done yet Defensive errors cost Canada here. Will need to tighten up and improve for the wc but there’s time. Great potential here.

Our keeper made a few great saves at 2-0. A bit naive and playing too open in my mind. At 1-0 there was a chance to come back. 

The important thing is that we qualified for the wc this will be a great game to learn from. 

4-0 now....

Edited by spitfire
Update

Given this Canada generation seems very talented, was the lopsided loss a result of the US team bring significantly better or us just falling apart. I see the Americans didn't start Yow and their first goalkeeper, so I thought we'd at least do better than 0-4 and under 40% possession.

• 1 year later...
On 3/2/2019 at 7:06 AM, SpecialK said:

Just some the players not called up for the camp. What a joke !! There must be a deal between MLS and the CSA! 

GK - Owen Goodman Crystal palace

MF/ST- Marcelo Flores Arsenal

RW - Theodor Corbeanu ( Romania)-Wolverhampton Wanderers U18

W - Kilian Bourleau - TSV Grünwald U19

MF - Raul Matton - TuS Grevenbroich U17

MF - Noah Pacheco - Chievo Verona International Academy U17

DF - Scott Sidawi - Rood Groen LVC'01

MF - Logan Cavaco - CF Belenenses

ST Luke Rosettani-AD Oeiras

Defender - Remedi Llalpi - Valencia Soccer Academy

MF- Fabian Bouleau- Älvsjö AIK FF

GK - Andy Käppeli - FC Zürich

MF - David Sloane - Carrigaline United

ST- Saviola Elva - Big Players FC

Defender - Alejandro Francisco Kukovica- Connah's Quay Nomads FC

ST - Rafael Pinzon - Escuela de Fútbol Cruz Azul

only corbeanu linked with CanMNT nowadays

1 hour ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Flores too to be fair.  

Flores' call to that camp doesnt mean a shit IMO, he still has chances to accept a mexico invite

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

And to be more fair, I don't think Corbeanu had switched yet, while Flores was, and is still, iffy.

Corbeanu will play the qualifiers.... and he even posted on his instagram about "focus on international break" with a canadian flag emoji

9 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s been said many times that Corbeanu filed and completed his switch, he’s under 2 weeks tops away from being cap tied.

Haha, easy guys.  I meant at the time of the post in 2019!  You have noticed I have more than 3,000 posts o here right?  I know Corbeanu is playing for us! 😄