Canadians abroad: February 15-21, 2019

Stryker911

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 15-21, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Hutch with a goal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belarus

Milovan Kapor started against FC Gomel against JUA Zhitkovichi in a 3-2 win

Scotland

Jackson is on the St. Mirren bench for today's match with Aberdeen.  Came on at half in a 2-2 final 

Wotherspoon starts for St. Johnstone against Rangers. 88 minutes in a 0-0 draw.

Zanatta starts for Alloa against Partick. 90 minutes in a 2-0 loss. 

Trafford starts for Inverness against Dunfermline. 90 minutes in a 1-0 loss. 

Serbia

Borjan starts against Vojvodina. Clean Sheet in a 4-0 win. 

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Kind of interesting, both Hainault and Straith are captains of their respective teams today. They are both one of the few non-Germans on the team as well. Both played 90 at CB, Straith in a scoreless draw and Hainault in a 1-0 win.

Really hope at least one of these guys get's a call for march or at least the Gold Cup but it will probably just be the same old of Henry, Cornelius, and James

2 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Really hope at least one of these guys get's a call for march or at least the Gold Cup but it will probably just be the same old of Henry, Cornelius, and James

Same old? Cornelius has what, 4 caps lol. And zero goals against in any appearance for a +/- of like +15. Early days I know tho ha. 

1 hour ago, ghostknownunknown said:

Playing as an attacking mid once again.

Went 90 in a 2-1 loss.. his club should have won this one and he had at least one really good chance that I saw. 

Still, he looked really solid to me.  I think playing in the hole gets the most out of him.  He’s so smart off the ball and someone you can trust on the ball to make the right play.  He even made a few nice defensive plays.  I’d like to see him play this role behind Larin/Cavallini for Canada with Hoilett and Davies in their natural wide spots. 

Friendly today in Latvia  - Benson Fazili played for FK Metta/LU in a 7-2 win over Estonian 1st tier opposition FC Kuressaare

Cyprus - 3rd tier -  Andrew Lebre played his usual 90 minutes for Ethnikos Assia FC in a 1-1 draw away to Elpida Astromeriti. He picked up a yellow card in the 38th minute.

Indian Super League -  Iain Hume started and played 88 minutes for Pune City in a rather convincing 4-1 win away to Jamshedpur.

2 minutes ago, Toje said:

Friendly today in Latvia  - Benson Fazili played for FK Metta/LU in a 7-2 win over Estonian 1st tier opposition FC Kuressaare

Cyprus - 3rd tier -  Andrew Lebre played his usual 90 minutes for Ethnikos Assia FC in a 1-1 draw away to Elpida Astromeriti. He picked up a yellow card in the 38th minute.

Indian Super League -  Iain Hume started and played 88 minutes for Pune City in a rather convincing 4-1 win away to Jamshedpur.

Latvian friendly, Cyprus 3rd tier, Indian Super League! You are our off the beaten track reporter! 

13 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Latvian friendly, Cyprus 3rd tier, Indian Super League! You are our off the beaten track reporter! 

Here is another one for you... ;)

Papa Dione Massamba played today in a friendly for Czech 3rd tier side Hodonin in a 2-0 win over Slovak 4th tier side Myjava.

3 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Actually in the grand scheme of things Hainault and Straith are the old and Henry, Cornelius,  and James are the new ?

In any case, both Hainault and Straith are fine options who have had plenty of time with CMNT over the years and proved to be solid but not exactly inspiring.  I think we are trying to move past that level as a team, which is why we are trying to develop younger players into something more (which they may or may not achieve). 

If we were playing more friendlies I'd say call them up at some point but as it is I think we need to see what the young guys can be.

Nothing new about Henry..he started playing in the national team in 2012..hes less than 3 years younger then Straith..at 25 Hainault was playing in the final of MLS cup playoffs..at close to 26 Henry is still trying to make the playoffs after 6 seasons in the league

Archived