I would agree with with Bison. This is a tiny team from Central America. According to Vocal Minority podcast about 40 people have agreed to the group purchase.

I have  a much bigger problem with people strutting about in their Manchester United or any other giant club who would not be caught dead wearing even a scarf of a Canadian professional club. You mention CPL or MLS and they look down at you with contempt....

Sounds like the game will be December at the earliest. I hope match fitness isn't an issue.

Tried to do some research on the Hattian league. Sounds like the league was shut down in March after just 4 games and they haven't played since. Arcahaie had 5 points at the time (mid table).

Hamilton should be the more in form team based on this.

Edited by johnyb

35 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Sounds like the game will be December at the earliest. I hope match fitness isn't an issue.

Tried to do some research on the Hattian league. Sounds like the league was shut down in March after just 4 games and they haven't played since. Arcahaie had 5 points at the time (mid table).

Hamilton should be the more in form team based on this.

I read Dec. 1 for the match date.

Haitian league is currently ongoing. Arachaie sit 9th but with games in hand.

https://int.soccerway.com/national/haiti/championnat-national/20202021/serie-de-ouverture/r59544/

• 2 weeks later...

From Duane Rollins....

I’ve been told that we should not expect an announcement on the Voyageurs Cup final date until after

plays its CONCACAF League quarterfinal. If Forge wins that game, or the play in game that follows, the 2020 Canadian Championship will likely be cancelled.

fcCtf9Vc_reasonably_small.jpg

The reason is that both teams would be guaranteed spots in the 2021 CCL, thus making the game meaningless from a strictly competitive standpoint. The symbolic value of winning the Voyageurs Cup would remain, of course.

At the start of the Island Games, Clanachan said the 2nd spot would go to the CPL if the CPL representative (Forge) beat the MLS team (TFC) in the final. While I can understand not wanting an extra game to arrange in less than ideal weather conditions, why should the MLS team get a bye and an advantage. 

If this is true then TFC should forgo their seeding from winning the V-Cup and pass it to Forge.

I want Forge to win their next game, but I also want this game to go ahead. If the game happens, either CPL/Forge wins it’s first V Cup, or TFC inches closer to Montreal’s record total. Missed opportunity for both teams if the game is cancelled.

SkyDome's no longer a viable option as the changes made by the Blue Jays over the past few years have made it nearly impossible to convert it to a soccer field (without a ton of money being spent). The infield and pitcher's mound aren't nearly as easily removed as they were previously. It's a big reason for the Argos' move to BMO Field.

Plus the SkyDome is terrible for soccer at the best of times, and the turf is worse than the Big O's.

Other than that, it's perfect. ;)

6 hours ago, RS said:

SkyDome's no longer a viable option as the changes made by the Blue Jays over the past few years have made it nearly impossible to convert it to a soccer field (without a ton of money being spent). The infield and pitcher's mound aren't nearly as easily removed as they were previously. It's a big reason for the Argos' move to BMO Field.

Is there even turf available any more for Skydome?

Otherwise, probably not insurmountable if there was revenue on the table. But they'll be out of pocket anywhere 'cept BMO or Downsview Park.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:32 PM, fil said:

4jqooy.jpg

Charlie was right! This is a conspiracy of the highest order! 

They have created an unholy alliance in their nefarious plans to prevent Forge from winning the Voyageurs cup from Toronto FC. Nothing will stop their evil plans. After Cavalry humiliated Vancouver Whitecaps and Montreal impact barely squeaked by York 9, they will not risk it again.

4mspr9.jpg

4msqhu.jpg

FYI

On the line

1. Voyageurs Cup
  2. CAN1 berth

What happens if Forge wins?

• They get CAN1 and avoid all MLS and top 3 Mexican club in their 1st round

But

• Who get CAN2?
  1. Forge keeps CAN2 and play 2021 CONCACAF League AND play 2021 Champions League as CAN1

Problem is, you're "punishing" Canada for over-achieving by not having 2 Canadians in 2021 Champions League.

So either

1. CONCACAF gives CAN2 to the loser exceptionally
  2. CONCACAF gives CAN2 to the runner up of the Island games (HFX Wanderers)
  3. CONCACAF gives the 7th best CONCACAF league club the berth to 2021 CCL

Moral of the story - the continental competitions needs to go back to the drawing boards

There is no CAN2 in the CCL. There's one of the six CONCACAF League spots, which (if Forge wins) would happen to be taken by a Canadian team this year. If Forge wins the V Cup, it'll also rightfully claim CAN1.

CONCACAF will use that technicality to do whatever it wants should the situation arise. Hopefully the Canadian president will do the right thing and ensure that the lower-ranked CCL spot is granted to the CSA for the upcoming competition.

1 hour ago, RS said:

There is no CAN2 in the CCL. There's one of the six CONCACAF League spots, which (if Forge wins) would happen to be taken by a Canadian team this year. If Forge wins the V Cup, it'll also rightfully claim CAN1.

CONCACAF will use that technicality to do whatever it wants should the situation arise. Hopefully the Canadian president will do the right thing and ensure that the lower-ranked CCL spot is granted to the CSA for the upcoming competition.

Yeah I think this is correct - that's what I'm seeing on social too. So the next highest team would compete in CCL