Ilias Iliadis

Jith12

50 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

It’s probably fair to say he has a better chance of cracking the Greek roster than the Canadian one at this point.

Wouldn’t say I agree with this. Theoretically if he even just became a regular bench player for Panathinaikos he would be on the short-list for a potential call-up for Canada while Greece only take the best midfielders in their league + the players playing at a higher level. 

It’s probably close in regard to quality but I dunno I feel Greece are still much better depth wise. 

Edited by Atlantic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is very exciting. Reminiscent of Cornelius leaving Europe and joining the Whitecaps out of left field. 

I don't have big expectations, but I am excited to watch him and see what kind of player he is. All I know about him is that he's a greek-dual national that people are somewhat excited over. We'll soon see if that excitement is warranted or not. 

29 minutes ago, phresh said:

Lists himself as a box-to-box/defensive mid.

Competes with kone and staq. Is this good? We dont have a proper Cam but do we need one? Maybe its better to have more depth for our Cm/CDM and then continue to play with 2 strikers where david does a hybrid 10, 3-4-3 or play with 3 box to box/CDM's  

This is all assuming he can develop into a potential CMNT worthy player.

Interesting that he identifies his citizenship in the video as just "Canadian", rather than "Canadian/Greek" despite him having Greek youth caps. Could mean he's not looking at that avenue anymore, assuming he does eventually reach international cap consideration level

11 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Competes with kone and staq. Is this good? We dont have a proper Cam but do we need one? Maybe its better to have more depth for our Cm/CDM and then continue to play with 2 strikers where david does a hybrid 10, 3-4-3 or play with 3 box to box/CDM's  

This is all assuming he can develop into a potential CMNT worthy player.

We need solid depth behind them, so if him and Smith can develop nicely that is great for us. He's a left-foot too, supposedly, so slightly different dynamic than the rest. Maybe he'll be a Kaye 2.0?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Macksam said:

He has had a few appearances so far...what's the verdict Montreal bros?

He got a very questionable red (second yellow) last night, he looked absolutely gutted.  Not surprising as he seemed to have established himself as a starter.  Been playing LWB, works hard both sides of the ball, seems to be settling in.  Doesn't seem like his natural position, but he's been doing well.  I feel he's been doing better than Lappi, shows more diversity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...