CanPL Opening Game - Group Tickets and Post Game Party

Admin

2 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

As it sounds like there'll be a decent contingent leaving from Union Station via GO transit, should we maybe meet up and form a convoy

If I get my ducks in a row I’ll be coaching from Pearson to Hamilton on Friday night. Afraid I can’t make the convoy. 

I might suggest to people on the ground there to have a Friday night pub picked out, unless there is some other CanPL event going on. Hmm ... might tweet at CanPL and see what they say. 

Not sure how much you’ve traveled to Toronto, but I’ve found Google Maps to be virtually flawless when I’ve been transiting around the area ... really, really handy and very straightforward. And I’ve been to Toronto perhaps ten times or so and never needed a vehicle. I’ve found it very easy to get around in (admittedly I don’t have to fight rush hour lineups on transit though. 

On 2/7/2019 at 10:28 AM, gator said:

A better idea would to be to get to Halifax and hop on a cheap flight to Hamilton, my daughter is flying from Halifax to Hamilton for $130 return,

Love the idea, but if I'm flying to Halifax (which I will be a few times) it'll be for a Wanderers game. Flights from St. John's to Halifax are stupid expensive, and so I'll be saving my soccer budget for games where I can catch my team.

I forgot to cross post from the York 9 forum but the number of fans expected to take advantage of the bus ride & ticket offer to Hamilton has swelled from 1000 two weeks ago to 1200 to 1500. 

Also added at last night's pub night by their marketing man Ben Z is an offer for non-SSH fans for return bus ride plus ticket all for $50.00.               SSH get it all for FREE.   

3 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

I forgot to cross post from the York 9 forum but the number of fans expected to take advantage of the bus ride & ticket offer to Hamilton has swelled from 1000 two weeks ago to 1200 to 1500. 

Also added at last night's pub night by their marketing man Ben Z is an offer for non-SSH fans for return bus ride plus ticket all for $50.00.               SSH get it all for FREE.   

That is fantastic news.

29 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

1000+ fans coming to Hamilton for the opening game will help kickstart an actual (friendly) rivalry between teams.  I’m sure that 1,000+ Forge fans will reciprocate when York9 hosts Hamilton. This is a great way to start off the league. 

I hope York sets aside a decently sized section for away supporters. That should be a real cracker of a match in a smaller stadium. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, gator said:

I think if there is nothing officially organised for Friday us local V's in The Hammer will put something together, we look forward to hosting all of our out of town visitors! 

Sounds great.  I'll see if we can do something at my brothers place.  It might be booked though. 

• Admin unpinned this topic