• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

She started on the bench  for their Champions League match at Braga today, and came on for Katoto m. 62 with the score 0-5, Katoto with the hat trick by then. Ashley Lawrence  played the whole game.

And Jordyn scores in extra time as I write, their 6th and her first Champions League goal!

EDIT: oh crap that was fast: a double in one minute from Jordyn!

Last week their league match subs played a friendly in Roma, Jordyn with a brace as Roma came back to tie 2-2.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
  • 1 year later...

Huitema article in BBC. The lines I liked were:

She joined a boys' team aged 10, because playing for a local girls' team "wasn't competitive enough".

"It was unheard of at the time. I remember everyone giving me weird looks when I showed up at training. I'd turn up to matches and I'd hear people say, 'Why's there a girl in a jersey?'

The Canadian realised just how much potential she had a few years later. Aged 12, she travelled with her squad to a tournament in Seattle. In one game, she scored a consolation goal in a 7-1 defeat against a team called Surrey United - making such an impression, several opposition coaches approached her dad.

Huitema's big break came while she was on international duty at the Algarve Cup in Portugal.

A representative from PSG was in the stands and it took just 20 minutes to convince them she was the real deal.

"I still think to this day I'm playing catch-up, these women are some of the best players in the world. When I came in I was pretty atrocious, my touches were going everywhere. I'm sure everyone was so frustrated with me because I just couldn't hold my own," she says.

"I met Neymar for the first time like a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even know how to react. I tried to play it off cool but I definitely didn't. I feel like I'm turning red right now even just talking about it," she says.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54639496?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[gnl.newsletters]-[headline]-[sport]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&xtor=ES-213-[BBC News Newsletter]-2020October27-[top+sport+stories]