Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Voyageurs in France - 2019 Women's World Cup

Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2019 at 1:11 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Hi @Sam 

Some people here have been in contact with them and though they haven't 100¡% confirmed, we think it is  a go. Just wait a day or so, and if have not gotten anything firm, we may go with it anyways or change if they are not cool.

This is how we want it to go in Montpellier and all game cities (Grenoble, Reims), so folks can get the word out:

FB page with name and address of pub or bar.

First Canada fans to arrive, even a few days early (which is likely to happen) should say hello in the name of the Voyageurs, and see if they'll put up some flags or similar, or if anyone has a banner. Take small flags to leave there to signal our presence.

All fans should tweet and retweet, especially onto accounts with many followers (players, CSA) and take pics, so we can get momentum. If it gets crowded, it can always spill over into the adjoining square. 

We'll leave from the pub with enough lead time, say 2.5-3 hours, by tramway. If folks are game, return and close out the place (open until 1 am everyday, and our match ends at 11).

 

 

I spoke to the Fitzpatricks manager today, they're expecting us ALL day on Monday. They are open from Noon til 1am(which means we can grab a couple after the match as well). 

I won't be there until 3pm so if anyone is there earlier in the week please stop in and take a minute to make a sign welcoming visiting Canadians to join us on their chalkboard. Fitzpatricks was the Icelandic supporter HQ in the last WC and this is what they did.

See you all Monday and spread the word around!

 

iceland.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 3:11 AM, Sam said:

So plan is to meet at Fitzpatricks next Monday then? I can post on the facebook page as well 

So @Sam, can you post that on the Facebook page?

And can @admin also put it on our front page so people know?

Full details of the Pub: 

Fitzpatrick's Irish Pub Montpellier

5 Place Saint-Come, 34000 Montpellier

Open noon-1AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just past this info to a few of the ladies on my Co-Ed rec team who are making it over for the game. They are pumped.

Thx everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all , for all supporters in Montpellier: 

2 main ways to the stadium from centre of town, both there and back: 

TRAM

Tram Line 1 leaving from Comedie,  on Boulevard Victor Hugo, about 10 min from the bar.

Leaving every 10 minutes and takes 29 min to the Stade Mosson stop. 

So 18.32 gets there at 19.01, 18.42 arrives 19.11, etc. 

RETURN: 

Leaving 23.13 arrives 23.43, leaving 23.28 arrives 23. 58, 23.43 arrives 00.13.

 It could  be very full on the way back however.

I do not see any after except for a possiblity where you have to change lines. 

SHUTTLE (Navette)

Here is the info in French, leaving from Saint Jean le Sec, and free. That is about 2 km south west of the centre and on Line 2 of the Tramway. It is not clear how many shuttles there are going, but it says 10 "cars" returning. It also means, on return, a change on the tramway if you get the connection, so careful.

Mise en place d’une navette gratuite
Départ parking Saint Jean le Sec 
• Offre aller : 20’ (variable en fonction des conditions de circulation très dégradées sur cet axe), 2h30 avant le début du match
• Offre retour : départs en rafales depuis Mosson à la fin du match (10 cars)
• Temps de parcours : 30 à 45’ en fonction des conditions de circulation très dégradées  sur cet axe

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a sort of public service announcement they had FIFA menus at the stadium in Nice yesterday and you couldn’t get beer or any alcohol inside so don’t plan on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, carolynduthie said:

As a sort of public service announcement they had FIFA menus at the stadium in Nice yesterday and you couldn’t get beer or any alcohol inside so don’t plan on that. 

That sounds like a challenge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full information on Voyageurs and Canadian supporters meet up pregame Grenoble. 

Shakesbeer

1 Place de Berulle

38000 Grenoble

Opens Saturday at 3.30 pm / Closes at 1 am

Walk to stadium: 1 km / 15 minutes

Fan march: Attending Voyageurs may arrange a prematch march to stadium, time TBA (7-7:30 departure?).

Tram connections are not very practical, involving two changes from the meeting point location, starting at B Green Line, Notre-Dame Musée station . A taxi may be preferable for such cases.

Weather: Reports of highs of 24 and lows of 12 on Saturday, with cloudy skies, and occasional rain and even thundershowers. Game time, 60% chance of rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Full information on Voyageurs and Canadian supporters meet up pregame Grenoble. 

Shakesbeer

1 Place de Berulle

38000 Grenoble

Opens Saturday at 3.30 pm / Closes at 1 am

Walk to stadium: 1 km / 15 minutes

Fan march: Attending Voyageurs may arrange a prematch march to stadium, time TBA (7-7:30 departure?).

Tram connections are not very practical, involving two changes from the meeting point location, starting at B Green Line, Notre-Dame Musée station . A taxi may be preferable for such cases.

Weather: Reports of highs of 24 and lows of 12 on Saturday, with cloudy skies, and occasional rain and even thundershowers. Game time, 60% chance of rain. 

Actually one correction to that. I spoke to the bartender and the owner and they said they will be open at 1 PM this Saturday and that happy hour is in effect from when they open right up until 8:30 PM. They said that the bar is usually not that crowded in the afternoons and gets busy in the evening so it is almost perfect for our requirements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pregame meeting in Reims will be at Mr. Foggs English Pub. 81 Place Drouet d'Erlon, 51100 Reims

I have made a reservation for about 40 people and they will set aside the back room for us. Head in to the pub and head straight to the very back area. There is a patio as well but the forecast calls for showers with a chance of a thunderstorm.

Reservation is under Michael / The Canadians and my contact there is Alexander. Opens at 11 AM and does have food available. Lots of other restaurants available in the area. Walking distance to the stadium is about 1.5 km and there is a tram stop nearby that will get you close to the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pregame meetup for the Round of 16 match at Parc des Princes will be at The Moose - Canadian Bar  16 Rue des Quatre Vents, 75006 Paris. This bar is close to the Luxembourg Gardens and a short walk from the Odeon Metro Station where the #10 Metro takes you to the stadium. Open from 11 AM to 2 AM.

Here is the website: http://www.mooseparis.com/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

How was your turnout in Reims, Michael, I am curious how things are going?

I'll get off my butt and post some pics from Montpellier eventually.

The pregame gathering started a bit slow as I guess the non Voyageurs who joined us apparently have not been adequately trained in the art of drinking from midday onward. Was wondering if my host at the bar had concluded that I did not actually have any friends at all until Sam arrived. With the good weather we relocated from the backroom to the patio and then it started to grow steadily. I think we had at least 60 people there when we headed off to the stadium. Did a 1.5 km march with singing and chanting and the new conscripts joined in enthusiastically. Big shout out to Anton, who I know as one of the Ottawa Fury capos, who brought his infectious enthusiasm as a guest capo for the occasion. People will join in if they get exposed to supporter culture and if you make an effort at outreach. Also much appreciation to Sam who set me up with my ticket and who is the type of Grade A Voyageur that you want to be around when you travel.

After the game quite a few Canadians reassembled at Mr. Foggs and my group stayed until we got kicked inside after the patio closed and then got kicked outside when the bar closed for good for the night. I thought it went very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one extra ticket in my possession for the Round of 16 match vs Sweden on June 24th at Parc des Princes. Situated at Gate E, Stand: Paris, Access 106, Row 9. These are premium tickets, 9 rows up from the pitch, virtually at the centreline. If you need one and want to sit with a fellow V, or don't object to sitting with a V, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

The pregame gathering started a bit slow as I guess the non Voyageurs who joined us apparently have not been adequately trained in the art of drinking from midday onward. Was wondering if my host at the bar had concluded that I did not actually have any friends at all until Sam arrived. With the good weather we relocated from the backroom to the patio and then it started to grow steadily. I think we had at least 60 people there when we headed off to the stadium. Did a 1.5 km march with singing and chanting and the new conscripts joined in enthusiastically. Big shout out to Anton, who I know as one of the Ottawa Fury capos, who brought his infectious enthusiasm as a guest capo for the occasion. People will join in if they get exposed to supporter culture and if you make an effort at outreach. Also much appreciation to Sam who set me up with my ticket and who is the type of Grade A Voyageur that you want to be around when you travel.

After the game quite a few Canadians reassembled at Mr. Foggs and my group stayed until we got kicked inside after the patio closed and then got kicked outside when the bar closed for good for the night. I thought it went very well. 

It is actually shocking that no one has put together a proper training manual after all these years. :P

Sounds great, so glad there is such a great ambience and such a diversity of folk are getting into it together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A couple pics from the meet-up at Montpellier, finally getting to this. That is UT; a Voyageurs who I won't name unless he claims who he is, but he is still out there following the women; and yes, that restaurant was in Montpellier too, wouldn't you know.

 

 

Montpellier 1.jpg

Montpellier 2.jpg

Montpellier 3.jpg

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

A couple pics from the meet-up at Montpellier, finally getting to this. That is UT; a Voyageurs who I won't name unless he claims who he is, but he is still out there following the women; and yes, that restaurant was in Montpellier too, wouldn't you know.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=4

Pics not working on the mobile version of the site. Can others see them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Pics not working on the mobile version of the site. Can others see them?

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Geez, I'll redo them then, I do see them on mine. How is that?

Oh and thanks for the popular demand!

Edit: just confirm if they can be seen please, I had to fight a huge chunk of Sunday laziness to put these up.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...