Callum Montgomery

section114row20

2 hours ago, Shway said:

I'm betting on the USL or CPL. Rarely do you get a chance elsewhere in the league without playing a single game. 

Unless its your hometown.  I can see him going to Van to be the #4-5CB end of the bench guy on a minimum salary.  Make the rounds doing press and PR crap all over town.  Get in a few late game subs, play in a few V-cup games, and if he is better than that..bonus for Vancouver, they get something for almost nothing.  

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

TFC should give him a look, he could be a CB version of Layrea. 

Sounds nice in theory. Laryea played a few games with Orlando, so TFC management had a sample size to say that he can play at the level- Montgomery doesn’t.

Plus TFC have several CBS they can give looks to that’s right in their system. Dunn, Boskovic and I really want to see Fraser back there.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Sounds nice in theory. Laryea played a few games with Orlando, so TFC management had a sample size to say that he can play at the level- Montgomery doesn’t.

Plus TFC have several CBS they can give looks to that’s right in their system. Dunn, Boskovic and I really want to see Fraser back there.

I still have nightmares about how poorly Boskovic was with Cavalry 🥶

10 minutes ago, saladroit said:

they have opara, dibassy, and boxall signed for next year, seems more like he'll be the 4th CB (maybe even 5th if billinsgley is any good, who's also signed for next year). nonetheless he'll get his chances IMO

He needs a chance and it’s not like Boxall and Opara are young.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

GEESH, a high 1st round pick, going for a damn near useless 4th round and 50g.  Dallas must really be high on their kids.  Its too bad, I would have thought with the extra subs, a guy like him would have gotten a few games in.  

Probably the best academy in the league, he landed in the worst spot if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

GEESH, a high 1st round pick, going for a damn near useless 4th round and 50g.  Dallas must really be high on their kids.  Its too bad, I would have thought with the extra subs, a guy like him would have gotten a few games in.  

Basically they got $50,000.00 in MLS money plus a bag of hockey pucks for a player who would be available on a free within a few weeks, not a bad deal.  And as Dominic94 stated, one of the best academies in MLS, same situation Adonjiah Reid found himself in.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Probably the best academy in the league, he landed in the worst spot if you ask me. 

Can't see how any team trading for him is a bad move. Anytime a team trades for you they are giving up assets of some sort. There is no point of making a trade unless they see a use for him. Even if he is 4th or 5th on their CB depth chart to start the season. St. Clair was 3rd choice on MUFC, even after they couldn't come to terms with their 1st choice Mammone and now look at him. 

9 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Basically they got $50,000.00 in MLS money plus a bag of hockey pucks for a player who would be available on a free within a few weeks, not a bad deal.  And as Dominic94 stated, one of the best academies in MLS, same situation Adonjiah Reid found himself in.

Sadly MLS has to MLS so he would have been waiver draft ???? I’m not even sure but he was priced within MLS, free elsewhere.

The Loons must rate him and see him as a future starter as they paid to get him instead of taking their chances in a draft which implies that their was likely other league interest. If not they don’t pay up. I’d imagine he starts for them by years end, 3 CB’s over 30, and one isn’t that good. One of the 4 they have is his age, so clearly they wanted some youth in the rotation, former 4tg pick.... I don’t see why he can’t get better he’s what 23 ?

2 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Can't see how any team trading for him is a bad move. Anytime a team trades for you they are giving up assets of some sort. There is no point of making a trade unless they see a use for him. Even if he is 4th or 5th on their CB depth chart to start the season. St. Clair was 3rd choice on MUFC, even after they couldn't come to terms with their 1st choice Mammone and now look at him. 

Yea upon revision what I mean is Dallas was the worst spot for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

He has had such a strange and I'm sure frustrating (for him) career.  Drafted in 2019, he's now 25 and been on 2 MLS teams.  In that time he's been loaned out or sent to the 2nd team.  The most frustrating part is I think he's made the bench in MLS 20 or so times over 4 seasons but never been given the chance to make his debut.

• 1 month later...