Callum Montgomery

section114row20

31 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

If hes buried 4th or 5th on the depth chart they should loan him to Pacific FC instead of playing in the lower USL league. 

If he's loaned to their USL, they can bring him back if there's injuries.  And USL is probably a higher league than the CPL this year.

1 minute ago, Watchmen said:

If he's loaned to their USL, they can bring him back if there's injuries.  And USL is probably a higher league than the CPL this year.

He means Dallas’ USL team that plays in the 3rd division (USL 2nd division).  CPL should be better than that level at least. 

• 1 month later...

Watched him today play for Dallas against NYRB.  He came on for Hedges early in the second half with the score at 1-1.  Never put a foot wrong and surprisingly confident on the ball - didn't always play the simple pass but I didn't see him misplace one.  The 2nd goal came from his defensive work where he anticipated and intercepted an attack by NY and then played a great long pass on his weak foot into space to start the counter.  

I sometimes skip these threads for a while because a lot of them are guys that I will never see play.  Sounds like CM might be a different story.  Glad I opened it - will have to keep an eye out for him in any Dallas games. 

And I would echo others above - a starter at CB in the MLS would absolutely be in the mix for our 18 - if not 11.  Hopefully he can keep progressing and get some solid minutes - and then get to a point where he is starting.

Edited by dyslexic nam

• 3 months later...

At least he is getting decent minutes, about 450 so far, even if it is USL-1(which I would place below CPL in caliber). After years of so many Unattached FC, I am always happy to see a guy get playing time. Also if he is going up and down it really is a clear developmental plan. 

• 4 months later...

Surely the highest rated upcoming D prospect around. He was picked way before Miller, but I guess the situations differ in Orlando and Dallas. If he doesn't get first-team minutes next season he should be looking for a trade (of course it would be preferable to break through at Dallas though).