Tajon Buchanan

nolando

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Doesn't Frankfurt connect to like everywhere in Europe?

Could still be Brugge

This. Every time I cross the pond it seems I am connecting there. 

However, it would be cool if Eintracht Frankfurt swooped in to surprise us all.

They are in my club of Bundesliga teams who'd be a better move than Brugges.

Definitely would be better than Augsburg. I don't think it's happening though...

18 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Revs twitter think he’s flown to Frankfurt.

He may have gone to FRA but it wasn't on that flight. UA8852 is a codeshare flight with Lufthansa (you can tell because it's 4 digits), who actually operated the flight. Tajon was on an actual UA operated flight. As someone else noted, his flight may have been IAD-BRU, IAD-MUC, or EWR-FRA. 

In conclusion: he could be going anywhere and I should probably get back to actual work.

His agent just posted a Instagram story of him visiting Freiburg’s stadium and then the next photo is him with Tajon. 

edit: not visiting but rather saying he’s excited to see the stadium 

https://instagram.com/stories/msenkows/2646848320261943384?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Atlantic

40 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Doesn't Frankfurt connect to like everywhere in Europe?

Could still be Brugge

Yes, but then he would be back tracking to Brussels .  Which doesnt make sense.   If thats the case then why not go LHR (London heathrow) in order to go to Brussels.   And if you are going LHR,  then you can go with Delta instaed of United.  Delta has practically hub status in Boston.  United has hubs in Washington and Newark. 😀

Edited by Free kick

13 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

His agent just posted a Instagram story of him visiting Freiburg’s stadium and then the next photo is him with Tajon. 

edit: not visiting but rather saying he’s excited to see the stadium 

https://instagram.com/stories/msenkows/2646848320261943384?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

Thanks I didnt see your post when i posted my notes above.

I might be in the minority but I'd rather Augsburg or Freiburg than Brugges. At the level he's growing the Belgian league would inhibit his growth being more of a diagonal move than a step up and 6 CL games isn't enough to make up for it.

Edit: and especially if he's loaned back to the Revs and misses on the CL games.

Edited by sebdeserio

10 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

I might be in the minority but I'd rather Augsburg or Freiburg than Brugges. At the level he's growing the Belgian league would inhibit his growth being more of a diagonal move than a step up and 6 CL games isn't enough to make up for it.

Edit: and especially if he's loaned back to the Revs and misses on the CL games.

Better to dominate at Brugge than do "okay" at a mid/low Bundesliga club IMO. That would more likely open up a transfer to a bigger club.

and I'm not sure he is ready to dominate the Bundesliga, especially if he's at a mediocre club and has to defend a lot.

Edited by Bertuzzi44

6 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Internet sleuthing in order to find out a top player's transfer destination is much more fun than scouring the internet to find a dodgy stream for some friendly where Marcus Haber is our starting striker.

Has anyone ever tried to tally how many teams he has played for and trialled with.  I'm serious, I wonder if he is close to a record.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

23 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Better to dominate at Brugge than do "okay" at a mid/low Bundesliga club IMO. That would more likely open up a transfer to a bigger club.

and I'm not sure he is ready to dominate the Bundesliga, especially if he's at a mediocre club and has to defend a lot.

But best case scenario at Brugges he continues doing what he's doing now with the Revs in a league that's close to the same level for around a year before getting a transfer to a Europa league level team in a top 4 league. He won't be showing anything different and won't be in a particularly challenging environment, which I think he'd thrive in.

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Bundesliga always over Belgium.

He's a man already, let him play with the big boys. 

What are some of you smoking that is NOT legal yet in Canada? 

Depends on the Bundesliga club. At Augsburg relegation is a possibility. 

At Freiburg perhaps less likely, so if you are saying that move is over Brugge that's fair. I don't want him going to a relegation candidate. If he ends up in the 2.Bundesliga that's going to slow down his progress. 

You can look at it a few different ways:

On one hand, Club Brugge competes for titles and is playing European Football (CL Group Stage at that which will give him massive exposure and experience against top clubs)

On thé other Augsburg and Freiburg are mid table teams at best and won’t be competing for a title any time soon. They are not playing any European football not even Conference league. Although there is decent exposure playing Bayern, Dortmund and the other bigger clubs twice a season, there will not be as many eyes on a Dortmund vs Augsburg midweek fixture than a Club Brugge vs Dortmund game would get on the European stage. 

That being said I personally don’t think he can entirely go wrong either way but to finish I think the way the Canadian Soccer Icon and Commentary Revolutionizer Gareth Wheeler put it tonight on OneSoccer is a good way to think about it:

Making the smaller club move now, dominating, getting minutes, improving and refining as a European player to then make the bigger club, big money move where the player is more likely to succeed has proven to be a very rewarding path for players coming to Europe including our very own Jonathan David.

Although it would be nice to watch Phonzie and Tajon go toe-to-toe you gotta think bigger picture and what will benefit the players career development in the long run.