Tajon Buchanan

nolando

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Love this plane spotting talk.  I also travelled (past tense) a lot for business and those screens are for pods and there are no pods on a narrow body.  I’m with @maplebanana as he seems to have even more experience.  

Maybe we should put our travel loyalty statuses in our profile too.  😊

2 years ago, in a time that seems like 20 years ago, the only two forums I would frequent were this one and flyertalk. I've been on this forum for 10 years but rarely post because I don't have much new to contribute. But this intersection of Canadian soccer and United flights is too specific to pass up.

5 minutes ago, theaub said:

Strangely doesn't look like any UA flights leaving Logan at 7 PM yesterday.  Frankfurt at 5:50, Dublin at 6:00 and Munich at 8:45.

FRA, MUC are on Lufthansa flights, and DUB is on Aer Lingus. He connected somewhere, with EWR being the most likely (could be ORD or IAD).

1 hour ago, maplebanana said:

I'm going to sound like a real douche here, but bear with me.

That's a United Polaris seat. Those planes fly only internationally, unless it's Newark <-> SFO/LAX or SFO <-> HNL. The overhead on the right is the middle of the plane's overhead. He's tilted towards the middle because he's in an even numbered row, seat A. Boston Logan does not have any international routes via United, so he would have had to connect somewhere (likely EWR). From there, there are many routes with United Polaris seats, including London, Paris, and Frankfurt.

I (used to) fly United for business far too often.

As a seasoned Star Alliance traveler, I really appreciated this post.

17 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

2 years ago, in a time that seems like 20 years ago, the only two forums I would frequent were this one and flyertalk. I've been on this forum for 10 years but rarely post because I don't have much new to contribute. But this intersection of Canadian soccer and United flights is too specific to pass up.

FRA, MUC are on Lufthansa flights, and DUB is on Aer Lingus. He connected somewhere, with EWR being the most likely (could be ORD or IAD).

Lufthansa and united are part of star alliance.   So yes,  he could be going to Germany.

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

Lufthansa and united are part of star alliance.   So yes,  he could be going to Germany.

They are, but if he was flying from BOS to FRA or MUC, he would be flying on Lufthansa metal. For DUB, Aer Lingus metal. I don't know how his ticket was ticketed but from the pic he is definitely on United metal. And United in BOS does not operate any international destinations. 

Interestingly, sticking with the hypothesis that he connected in EWR... EWR-FRA is on a 787-10 with the usual 1-2-1 config (where he was sitting). EWR-MUC (close to Augsburg) is on a 767-300 in an older 2-1-2 config that only has 6 rows (so not the plane he was on). He could still be going to Augsburg with another connection or just driving though.

5 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

I doubt KJ would ‘go out on a limb’ and post a Belgian flag if he didn’t have intel.  How do we feel about Club Brugge?

This is what I was thinking. Plus in my own extremely limited and kindergarten level sleuthing, I see there are direct flights from Washington to Brussels, and from Newark to Brussels with united airlines. No idea the airplanes though. 

17 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

I doubt KJ would ‘go out on a limb’ and post a Belgian flag if he didn’t have intel.  How do we feel about Club Brugge?

Pretty damn good. UCL regular and the elite team in Belgium the last few seasons. I see them in a similar class to clubs like Rangers and Besiktas, where some of our other important guys ply their trade.

I prefer this to Augsburg, even though the Bundesliga is clearly a step or two above the Belgian league. If he's as good as we think (know) he is, the exposure at Brugge will help him make a future move to the Bundesliga, to a club that is better than Augsburg. 

19 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Jesus, I go offline for a couple of hours and all hell breaks loose.  This is some next-level sleuthing/stalking. I am. It sure where I should congratulate or organize and intervention.  

This was my thinking :)