Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Forgive me, but even with those players in the lineup, TFC have not been an enjoyable team to watch this year. Some of those named are good players, but I think most would concede Buchanan is more exciting.

He is, but the three Canadian starters on TFC all played equally well in this match, IMO.

Osorio and Laryea have a real understanding out there that bodes well for September, and Priso was fantastic again (until his injury).

Bringing it back to Buchanan, he’s arguably New England’s third best outfield player (after DPs Bou and Gil) and looked the part tonight. He was up for the game against his hometown team (first time he’s played at BMO), and we can only hope he brings that enthusiasm back when he plays at BMO for the first time in a Canada shirt.

10 hours ago, jonovision said:

Forgive me, but even with those players in the lineup, TFC have not been an enjoyable team to watch this year. Some of those named are good players, but I think most would concede Buchanan is more exciting.

I would make it a point to watch any TFC game that has Priso in the lineup.  He's literally developing in leaps and bounds and he makes a couple of plays each game that might not be flashy but shows his tactical awareness beyond his years.  A couple of games ago, he was receiving a short pass under tight pressure and he let the ball roll past him away from his marker to create space for himself. 

10 hours ago, RS said:

He is, but the three Canadian starters on TFC all played equally well in this match, IMO.

Osorio and Laryea have a real understanding out there that bodes well for September, and Priso was fantastic again (until his injury).

Really like the chemistry and coordinated attacking attempts orchestrated by the Richie and Oso show.  Would love to see that kind of attacking nous in Vancouver.

9 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

There is definitely that kind of swagger about him.

Yes.  Thats what i note as well.   And i like it for the following reason:   The guys with chips on their shoulder are going to work hard and be motivated to prove people wrong.   I have observed one common denominator amongst many of the cnd youth players i seen with TFC and other Cnd mls teams since 2007.  As well as, Some that starred on youth national teams and have gone overseas.  And its that they appear far more willling to want to fit in rather than wanting to stand out.  I have seen this too many times when they get in a postion (with space for example) to create something, and instaed of taking it on themselves they will pass it off or defer that opporunity to a vetaeran or star like Giovinco or Pozuelo.  

And  if you also also read between the lines over years of what is said as a delta about several of the cnd players, it has been this lack of a burning desire and missing work ethic .   We would hear this alot in the early years of TFC.  Buchanan seems to me to be a different type than what inhave described above.

Edited by Free kick

Tajon is starting to remind me of Phonzie in his last season with Vancouver - he gets more and more dominant and his confidence grows  every week. 
obviously the difference is he’s 4 years older than Phonzie was at the time but I don’t think you can put a cap on his development curve at this point. His improvement in the last 12 months has been outlandish.

im surprised we haven’t heard rumours of bigger clubs chasing him at this point.

I wonder if his value keeps rising at some point do these European clubs say "if I am paying this much I want the player now" (as opposed to being loaned back to NE). Surely if it ends up being 7.5M+ in euros that's a big investment for clubs such as Brugge or Augsburg who would want their player in as soon as possible to help the team. 

Edited by Atlantic

56 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Tajon is starting to remind me of Phonzie in his last season with Vancouver - he gets more and more dominant and his confidence grows  every week. 
obviously the difference is he’s 4 years older than Phonzie was at the time but I don’t think you can put a cap on his development curve at this point. His improvement in the last 12 months has been outlandish.

im surprised we haven’t heard rumours of bigger clubs chasing him at this point.

I'll be honest - the first time I saw him play for the Revs I thought "This guy is just like Leroy Sane - from his head (hair) to his boots.  Freaking US Soccer %^&*." (Because I thought he was American.)

It wasn't until his 2020 call-up that I had any idea he was Canadian.  I literally thought he was too good to be Canadian.  Now I think he's almost too good to be true...  😉

Just now, GasPed said:

I'll be honest - the first time I saw him play for the Revs I thought "This guy is just like Leroy Sane - from his head (hair) to his boots.  Freaking US Soccer %^&*." (Because I thought he was American.)

It wasn't until his 2020 call-up that I had any idea he was Canadian.  I literally thought he was too good to be Canadian.  Now I think he's almost too good to be true...  😉

Where have you been bro? Any North American player with any flair is from Brampton.

42 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

I wonder if his value keeps rising at some point do these European clubs say "if I am paying this much I want the player now" (as opposed to being loaned back to NE). Surely if it ends up being 7.5M+ in euros that's a big investment for clubs such as Brugge or Augsburg who would want their player in as soon as possible to help the team. 

Brugge is reported to have offered 4 million euros for Wolves & American player Otasowie. So, if this goes through, will they still have enough for what it appears to be an ever rising fee for Buchanan.

4 hours ago, Floortom said:

Agreed...except Phonzie was 17, so 5 years older 🤯

10 hours ago, red card said:

Brugge is reported to have offered 4 million euros for Wolves & American player Otasowie. So, if this goes through, will they still have enough for what it appears to be an ever rising fee for Buchanan.

There’s also news that Brugge are finalizing transfer of 19 year old winger Mohamed Daramy from Copenhagen for $10M+. I assume that would end their pursuit of Tajon.