Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Price tag going up and up. 

It was smart on his agent, revs, and him to take his time. The more his name gets tossed around in the media, the more teams start doing some deeper scouting and the more interest from other teams seemed to have appeared to be in the race. 

Good news is with a higher price tag = investment = minutes for him. 

Really happy for him, I wonder if it is taking a bit longer because the revs want a loan back to them for their playoff and supporter shield run in?

Since I'm planning a trip to Belgium this fall I'm in a Brugge mood.

But I think the higher the better is the best formula, in general. At his age I think B1 and then move up teams within the league, or across to other top leagues, is more reasonable than Belgium, then after a few years moving to a top 5 league.

Any side paying this sort of transfer fee is not going to sell on that quickly, he'll be locked in for 3+1 at least. Unless of course he absolutely kills it.

In relation to @apbsmith above, true. The other thing is leagues are starting and teams are seeing where they are at. Those seeing glaring holes, with new injuries, or faltering these first weeks, will be saying: well we better move now. Teams are nervous this time of year, which benefits certain kinds of transfers.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

18 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

He needs to go to a team where he will not need to be constantly defending if he is to show off his attacking prowess, for that reason I rather he'd go to Brugge.

@LeoH037 perhaps you haven't heard, but there is this Canadian attacker who was bought for a record price by a good team in Germany, and the nerve of them, they make him play defence, so humilliating. Don't want to go to that dumb league.

3 minutes ago, kobasew19 said:

I don't understand why a team like Juventus wouldn't be interested. They need help on the wingbacks and he's decently priced when considering how frugal Juventus is. 

They were linked with him several months ago.

Tajon is an example of how quickly things can change for a relatively young player and why projecting a player's ceiling is dicey.  1 yr ago, I'm not sure  anyone would have predicted he would be our 3rd player in a top 5 league. Playing time is so important for 18/19/20 yr olds and having a coach that is supportive can make a world of difference. 

55 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Tajon is an example of how quickly things can change for a relatively young player and why projecting a player's ceiling is dicey.  1 yr ago, I'm not sure  anyone would have predicted he would be our 3rd player in a top 5 league. Playing time is so important for 18/19/20 yr olds and having a coach that is supportive can make a world of difference. 

Could you forward this to someone at TFC head office??  

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

@LeoH037 perhaps you haven't heard, but there is this Canadian attacker who was bought for a record price by a good team in Germany, and the nerve of them, they make him play defence, so humilliating. Don't want to go to that dumb league.

right... just leave out the fact you bring up the one team that "defends" on the opponent's half. I know you're trying to be clever given all the terrible takes as of late, but come on, you can do better.

38 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Tajon isn't Messi, he's like the rest of top footballers, he has to defend. 

He even admitted he blew the coverage on the US goal and needed to do better, that's a mature young player--not like some who think he's exempt. 

We both know that's not at all the point I was making by my original comment... either you're being disingenuous or.... yeah... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by LeoH037

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Maybe not a coincidence that former US team managers have been the best in providing a platform for Canadians on MLS US-based teams.

Bradley with MAK, Arena with Tajon & Ramos with Pasher.

Just now, red card said:

Maybe not a coincidence that former US team managers have been the best in providing a platform for Canadians on MLS US-based teams.

Hadn’t thought of that before but it is an interesting take on things.  

50 minutes ago, red card said:

good point. Add Larin & Johnston

3 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Maybe Buchanan is the part of the reinforcements they need to stay in Bundesliga.

Today was apparently going to be his decision day but so far it’s totally quiet.

After that goal, Augsburg is now below paid grade...Bring on offers from bigger teams!