Tajon Buchanan

nolando

On 8/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, Bertuzzi44 said:

I'd rather he go to Brugge. They are a big club in Belgium and being in a winning atmosphere I think is important. Plus the level is excellent and if he does well he will move up just like David did.

The Belgian league is not anywhere near where it used to be. 

Edited by Free kick

5 hours ago, Free kick said:

The Belgian league is not anywhere near where it used to be. 

They are top 10 by UEFA coefficient.

Ahead of Turkey, ahead of Switzerland. So better in that respect to where some of our most beloved players are. 

And they produce high quality players, another thing is watching this Belgium NT underperform but the player quality is right up there. Even the national team has players who are on Belgian clubs, some regular, and a lot of occasional call-ups. There are a few Brugge players who have played for the national team over the past couple of years, one Brugge player was on the Euro squad, Vanaken. I think the keeper was also in the squad. But we don't want Tajon to be their teammate?

Now if you are comparing to the Standard Liège days in the late 1950s, I'd agree. 

13 hours ago, frmr said:

I hope he goes to Augsburg. Tougher league, better competition, two games against Bayern and Dortmund every year. Might as well just try and crack a top 5 league now if he has the chance rather than adding another stop. It would make him our third tier 1 player.

He needs to go to a team where he will not need to be constantly defending if he is to show off his attacking prowess, for that reason I rather he'd go to Brugge.

17 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

He needs to go to a team where he will not need to be constantly defending if he is to show off his attacking prowess, for that reason I rather he'd go to Brugge.

And for selfish reasons, DAZN subscribers will be able to watch him as they will be streaming many of Club Brugge's games this season. 😄 

I rather he go to club Brugges cause he will be winning trophies and plus CL. I get being Augsburg is top 5 league and better competition but I feel like playing CL will put his stock higher after couple seasons in club Brugge to spring board him to a bigger club.

i was hoping psv and sporting where in the race for him as well not friggin freiburg lol

Edited by Canuckistan2019

Back in the early days of ICQ, I used to chat a lot with a German girl who was from Freiburg. She was a season ticket holder of FC Freiburg with her dad and brother. I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

They were a yo-yo club back then, in the late-'90s. They seem to have stabilised as a mid- to lower-table Bundesliga side over the last few years.

38 minutes ago, One American said:

I've recently minted a running joke about Freiburg submitting a lowball bid on every player, waiting for that day when all the other bids dry up and they get a bargain.  

I think Freiburg were interested in taking Millar from Liverpool. Now they are after Buchanan. Maybe there is some underlying truth to your newly minted joke, or maybe they just like Canadians lol

Edited by Obinna

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Freiburg were interested in taking Millar from Liverpool. Now they are after Buchanan. Maybe there is some underlying truth to your newly minted joke, or maybe they just like Canadians lol

It's the Americans, too. :D Lately they always seem to get mentioned as submitting a bid on American prospects. 

27 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I don’t think any if these clubs are his final destination.  A flexible or forgiving contact might be attractive 

My ideal career path for Buchanan would be something like Augsburg > Leverkusen/Gladbach > RB Leipzig/Dortmund. I don't know if he can reach those heights but if he was able to become a regular starter for a club like Dortmund in his mid-late 20's, I think that would be a resounding success. I doubt his ceiling is any higher than that but I would love to be proven wrong. Also, no one's really mentioned this yet, but how cool would it be to have Davies and Buchanan facing off in B1.