Tajon Buchanan

nolando

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

So far all of these clubs would be an upgrade on NE and they are all clubs where he'd likely play heavy minutes.

Being in Belgium, Club Brugge would be the lowest level of the 3 offers reported to be in for him, but they are in the group stages of Champions League. If he does well there, which I would expect of him, it should be straight forward for him to jump to a top 5 league, perhaps even a UCL/Europa team in a top 5 league. Then again, he could go to Lens or Augsburg, play in a stronger league than Belgium right away. 

Brugge would arguably be the toughest lineup for him to crack though out of those options.

11 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

In other good news, New England dismantled Miami 5-0 last night so that might help convince them that they can get by without Tajon and take the money.

Inter Miami is the worst team in the league so i'm not so sure 

11 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

In other good news, New England dismantled Miami 5-0 last night so that might help convince them that they can get by without Tajon and take the money.

Miami's the worst team in the league, though. Although maybe they'll get a new coach bump after Phil Neville is inevitably sacked.

I really wouldn't mind him moving to Lens. They're quite a big club in France and have been rising lately, finishing pretty well last year at 7th. They also have a big derby with Lille which would be fun to watch vs David. 

As we all know now, lot's of eyes on Ligue 1 so talent gets snatched up quickly. 

Definitely would prefer a Porto or another one of the big clubs mentioned (if he actually is given a chance) but I wouldn't mind Lens at all. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

Augsburg would be a pretty good move, but I don't know if it's the best fit. 

I think I would prefer Sporting (they haven't made an offer, just been linked). I just see him fooling people in the Portuguese league, putting on his best Ronaldo impression. European football, but a weaker domestic league, which may not a bad thing as he could stand out more easily. 

Germany is generally a good place for young talent to go, but Augsburg had another tough season last year (13th). Actually they haven't finished in a European place since 2014-15 (didn't realize it was that long ago) and finished in the bottom half of the table in every season since.

They are consistent if anything, not slipping below 15th in any of those campaigns, but for whatever reason the former club of Marcel De Jong doesn't strike me as the ideal fit for Tajon.

I know very little about how they play (too bad @Grizzly is not around), so not being the ideal fit is just the impression I have. Fair or not, they strike me as being mediocre in recent years. The transfers out (based on last season) mostly seem to be lateral and within the Bundesliga.

Not sure it's the place to be if he wants to move to a big club in the future. Lens would arguably be better.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think I would prefer Sporting (they haven't made an offer, just been linked). I just see him fooling people in the Portuguese league, putting on his best Ronaldo impression. European football, but a weaker domestic league, which may not a bad thing as he could stand out more easily. 

Germany is generally a good place for young talent to go, but Augsburg had another tough season last year (13th). Actually they haven't finished in a European place since 2014-15 (didn't realize it was that long ago) and finished in the bottom half of the table in every season since.

They are consistent if anything, not slipping below 15th in any of those campaigns, but for whatever reason the former club of Marcel De Jong doesn't strike me as the ideal fit for Tajon.

I know very little about how they play (too bad @Grizzly is not around), so not being the ideal fit is just the impression I have. Fair or not, they strike me as being mediocre in recent years. The transfers out (based on last season) mostly seem to be lateral and within the Bundesliga.

Not sure it's the place to be if he wants to move to a big club in the future. Lens would arguably be better.

Totally agree don’t see this as a good fit for him , I think Tajon is talented enough right now to not have to jump at the first serious European offer . I think a few more offers will come in where he will then have a chance to pick and choose the team he sees will be the best fit for him.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Marcel De Jong's last season with the club, IIRC.

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

They started out well last year but Nederlechner couldn't replicate his form from the previous year and bringing in Caligiuri from Schalke helped keep them up but that's about it. New year, new(ish) coach, and a super nice new kit, this team could look very different from 20/21 (literally and figuratively) if they bring in some fresh faces. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

They also signed Reece Oxford...after seeing him play.  Not sure I would trust any club with that kind of judgement. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

28 minutes ago, Oranje said:

They started out well last year but Nederlechner couldn't replicate his form from the previous year and bringing in Caligiuri from Schalke helped keep them up but that's about it. New year, new(ish) coach, and a super nice new kit, this team could look very different from 20/21 (literally and figuratively) if they bring in some fresh faces. 

Guess that's what they're hoping for with Buchanan, but last season I think their biggest transfer was 7M. Unfortunately for them it may take more than that to pry him out of NE.

I get the benefit of going to a more middling league and trying to light it up, but if the move to a top league (like Germany) is possible, it would have to be good for his development to be attacking Bundesliga-level defenders on a regular basis.  Now that assumes he could crack the lineup and get meaningful minutes fairly quickly - but if that was reasonable likely then I certainly wouldn’t mind that sort of move.