Tajon Buchanan

nolando

He definitely seems like a guy capable of playing at a pretty high level.   The most encouraging thing is the upward trajectory.  He seems to be getting more dangerous all the time.  And tonight he showed that he can do it against the top Concacaf Teams - not just minnows.  

1 minute ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

The young man fucks with his cock, is what we're really saying!! We don't yet know how high his ceiling is. Might he even become a better all around player than Davies? 

Slim left town. Don’t get me wrong Tajon is a revelation but it would be unreal if he was to approach Phonzie’s level, let alone pass it.

Edited by Club Linesman

19 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

The young man fucks with his cock, is what we're really saying!! We don't yet know how high his ceiling is. Might he even become a better all around player than Davies? 

You mean better than a World's Best XI? I love your enthusiasm.

No, I know to even suggest Tajon might approach Davies's levels is crazy, but every time Tajon steps on the pitch he gets better. Until we see his ceiling, we simply cannot predict how high he might yet rise.  Neither he nor Davies are the finished product, and both are very young.  All I know is we're damned blessed to have them both.

Our much hyped young guy was far, far better than their two hyped young guys (Busio and Dike) on the day.  Still, I wish the Caps drafted Dike when they had the chance (and I sense that the Caps regretted that, too, because they took a similar striker in David Egbo this year and it looks like he might be finding his sea legs on loan in USL right now).

With his build and attributes, there is a Thierry Henry-esque quality to Buchanon that makes me think he will evolve from a winger into a more central attacker.  I'd love see how a Buchanon-David-Davies front three in  a 4-3-3 would look.

Just now, BearcatSA said:

Our much hyped young guy was far, far better than their two hyped young guys (Busio and Dike) on the day.  Still, I wish the Caps drafted Dike when they had the chance (and I sense that the Caps regretted that, too, because they took a similar striker in David Egbo this year and it looks like he might be finding his sea legs on loan in USL right now).

With his build and attributes, there is a Thierry Henry-esque quality to Buchanon that makes me think he will evolve from a winger into a more central attacker.  I'd love see how a Buchanon-David-Davies front three in  a 4-3-3 would look.

What most excites me is that he has all the physical and mental attributes for success AND he seems smart, smart, smart. I don't mean to over-hype, but the data so far gives me reason for optimism.

47 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

What most excites me is that he has all the physical and mental attributes for success AND he seems smart, smart, smart. I don't mean to over-hype, but the data so far gives me reason for optimism.

I don't want to get carried away, either, but I like what I have seen so far.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

That’s really low for him. More so given what Busio and Tressman went for.

I think it is very reasonable. It is more than what Tessmann went for. It is less than Busio, who looks to be going for double that (although the rumours include incentives), but the latter is three years younger and that makes a difference. 

Of course I'd be keen to see Tajon as a neighbour of David and them playing the northern France derby against each other. 

If Lens is offering this, there have to be other offers out there. And usually one offer inspires others as well. Let's keep the bidding going, and hope Revolution let him go if he does, indeed, want to go.

49 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This match against Costa Rica will be telling and will be a good measuring stick for Tajon.

Honestly, with a good performance I think his price goes up.   At his age and with his skill set, there are lots of people watching to see what he can do against reasonably strong opposition.  He proved he isn’t just a minnow-killer against Haiti and was a few inches away from grabbing an equalizer against the US. At this point, he is just underscoring the value he would bring to a team.  Landing at a mid-level club in a quality European league would be a pretty amazing outcome for him.  

40 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, with a good performance I think his price goes up.   At his age and with his skill set, there are lots of people watching to see what he can do against reasonably strong opposition.  He proved he isn’t just a minnow-killer against Haiti and was a few inches away from grabbing an equalizer against the US. At this point, he is just underscoring the value he would bring to a team.  Landing at a mid-level club in a quality European league would be a pretty amazing outcome for him.  

To the greater football landscape Haiti is a minnow. That's why Costa Rica is an opportunity - even if they aren't as good as they were in years past they are a team that the world respects due to their past World Cups.

So far all of these clubs would be an upgrade on NE and they are all clubs where he'd likely play heavy minutes.

Being in Belgium, Club Brugge would be the lowest level of the 3 offers reported to be in for him, but they are in the group stages of Champions League. If he does well there, which I would expect of him, it should be straight forward for him to jump to a top 5 league, perhaps even a UCL/Europa team in a top 5 league. Then again, he could go to Lens or Augsburg, play in a stronger league than Belgium right away. 

Hopefully we see what the Portuguese offers are, as well as the other German offers. I still like the idea of him at Sporting. Very similar situation to what he'd get at Brugge, but he'd get to play in a slightly stronger league and maybe stand a better chance of progressing in UCL play.

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

Says Lens upped their offer to 4M€ from 3.5M€

Not saying Buchanan will go for anything close to David, but I remember one of the first (if not the first) offers to come in for him were from Porto and it was about 5 million Euros. Wouldn't surprise me if Tajon gets sold for something in the Busio range, which would be impressive considering he's 3 years older. Much of the Venezia fee is betting on Busio's potential.