TFC II 2019 Season

Rocket Robin

TFC II announces roster moves

December 20, 201810:03AM EST

Toronto FC II announced today the following roster moves:

Toronto FC II has extended contracts of defender Robert Boskovic and midfielders Dante Campbell and Matt Srbely.

Toronto FC II has not extended contracts of defenders Kyle Bjornethun, Tim Kubel and forward Malyk Hamilton.

Goalkeepers Borja Angoitia and Angelo Cavalluzzo; defenders Lars Eckenrode and Jelani Peters; forwards Tsubasa Endoh and Malik Johnson are all out of contract at the end of the calendar year. Jelani Peters has been invited into preseason.

Six players remain under contract for the 2019 season: defender Rocco Romeo; midfielders Noble Okello, Luca Petrasso and Gideon Waja; forwards Jordan Faria and Shaan Hundal.

Beginning January 1, 2019, the contracts of defender Terique Mohammed, midfielder Mehdi Essoussi and forwards Jayden Nelson, Jacob Shaffelburg, Jordan Perruzza, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty will become effective.

Toronto FC II’s 2019 roster as it currently stands:

Defenders (3): Robert Boskovic, Rocco Romeo, Terique Mohammed

Midfielders (6): Noble Okello, Dante Campbell, Matt Srbely, Luca Petrasso, Gideon Waja, Mehdi Essoussi

Forwards (6): Shaan Hundal, Jordan Faria, Jayden Nelson, Jacob Shaffelburg, Jordan Perruzza, Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So for the Can Prem League for the guys definitely dropped.   

Kyle Bjornethun a defender who is American and played for Seattle's II team the year before.  

Tim Kubel...another defender...a TFC MLS draft choice who is German.  

Malyk Hamilton a midfielder/forward.   (not a relative of Jordan Hamilton)   Ooh only 19 who played in the West Ham Academy growing up.  He's a Canadian from Calgary!   I will cross post to the Calgary forum.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK not exactly a TFC II story but here's my game report of the TFC U-18/19 USSDA game against Vardar (Michigan) played on Saturday March 23, 2019.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19tfc213.htm

I'll had pictures, lineups, and a more detailed play-by-play over the next few days.

Uhh OK got it all edited and up and it's still Sunday night!  

Edited by Rocket Robin

• 2 weeks later...

16 year old Canadian Jayden Nelson looked really good when he came on late in the game. Then in the next play he looked like a teenager never having played a professional game by getting a yellow. Jacob Shaffelburg looked really strong. I am really surprised by the distribution from the back by Julian Dunn-Johnson, didn't know he had that in him!

Just watched the game today. Jayden Nelson is a real talent, what impressed me even more than his pace a dribbling was his delivery on the cross and his shot on target. Both were near perfect, his shot was going top corner if not for a good save, and his cross should have been a goal as it was inch perfect. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up in a Canadian Championship game later in the season for TFC.

Jacob Shaffelburg the real driver of the TFC 2 offence this game. I find it isn’t often you see a wide player make such an impact everywhere on the pitch. He really plays with a crazy amount of freedom but it works. He needs a bit of polishing up but he will be on the first team sometime soon. Like Nelson, also unlucky not to have an assist or two in the game. 

The team as a whole looks a lot more comfortable playing at this level, which is a good sign. It will be a much better level to develop the young kids at. Maybe the top level guys will get loans to higher leagues later in the season if they show they are ready. 

Does TFC have a new "first initial must be J" requirement? I just scanned through Rocket Robin's link to see the goalscorers. Jordan Faria, Jordan Perruzza, and Jacob Carlos. Then Ruffian's comment mentioned Jayden Nelson, Jacob Shaffleberg, and Julian Dunn-Johnson. to70 tainted the illusion though by mentioning Luca Petrasso and Tsubasa Endoh, but he did also mention Jordan Perruzza again.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Does TFC have a new "first initial must be J" requirement? I just scanned through Rocket Robin's link to see the goalscorers. Jordan Faria, Jordan Perruzza, and Jacob Carlos. Then Ruffian's comment mentioned Jayden Nelson, Jacob Shaffleberg, and Julian Dunn-Johnson. to70 tainted the illusion though by mentioning Luca Petrasso and Tsubasa Endoh, but he did also mention Jordan Perruzza again.

Only 7 with the ist initial USL L1 roster,but all 4 forwards

1-1 draw today with Tucson. TFC controlled the play all game but couldn’t find the right finish. Hamilton with the goal today but other than that he honestly seemed like one of the worst players on the pitch. He had a terrible first touch whenever the ball was played to him, and really didn’t get involved in many plays at all other than the goal. The team attacked much better with a more active forward getting involved in the play last week.

Dorsey looked quite good this game. Shaffelburg didn’t have the best night, but still had one of TFC’s best chances that was saved.

• 1 month later...

Friday May 24th 4:00pm. With a crowd of about 600+ TFC II played their first home game of the season and beat FC Tucson 1-0 on a headed goal by Jordan Perruzza with assist from Jacob Shaffelburg's cross. Many of the crowd were Academy kids. 'Canadian Gold Cup roster of 40' midfielder Noble Okello played the first 87 minutes and looked good. Goalie Kevin Silva earned the Man of the Match coffee supplies. I counted his goalpost as making the save on the one good shot FC Tucson could muster.

I think USL League 1 is the right level for them. Middle of the pack team although they could move up with all the home games they have left and a winning mentality they didn't have the last few years when they were frustrated with so much losing.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19tfc226.htm

Edited by Rocket Robin
link added

Big 3-2 home win against the first place team North Texas SC the farm team of FC Dallas. Crowd was listed as 177 by USL--again mostly made up of Academy kids.
Patrick Bunk-Andersen scored at 11 minutes on a one yard header on a goalmouth cross by Julian Dunn-Johnson that the goalie got a piece of after a cornerkick knock around. Matt Srbely scored at 25 minutes as two TFC players dispossessed the lone defender off the ball at 30 yards and Srbely raced in alone. NT Ricardo Pepi scored in first half injury time on a breakaway pass. He had an identical play at 22 minutes but put his shot off the post.
Second half had NT Ronaldo Damuas put in a rebound at 55 minutes after a series of saves by goalie Kevin Silva.
Terique Mohammad scored the winner at 77 minutes on a give and go with Jacob Shaffelburg with Mohammad ending up in alone.

Official league stats list North Texas as being called offside 14 times in the game. I thought the coach would lose it and get ejected but it was TFC's Michael Rabasca who was sent back to the locker room at 90 minutes for complaining about a call. Stupid as it was right after NT had their tying goal called back on another offside call.

TFC II is up to third in the ten team division...top four make the playoffs in October...look more a cinch than the parent team!

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19tfc227.htm

Edited by Rocket Robin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
July 31, 2019 TFC II vs Forward Madison With TFC II using MLS Morgan, Fraser, Chapman, Akinola, & Zavaletta and got worst result of season! Jordan Perruzza subbed in at 66', scores 1 min later. 8 goals in USL League One. 2nd best in scoring race I think. Vanney did not look pleased in the parking lot. My game report will be posted tomorrow all going well.
Edited by Rocket Robin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...