Nike?

Admin

4 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

It is more an observation but it is not exactly rocket science if you know your marketing...if you have a product (that of course being the Canada jersey) and your product is under a certain company that being a kit sponsor of Nike...your product of course is going to go through a boom period but then there are obviously going to be downturns in the economic market. Downturn being that Canada for the most part is not competing in any major tournaments right now. We are not in the middle of a Gold Cup or World Cup season so sales are going to be low right now. Boom period however starts when Canada is in the middle of a major tournament let's say a Gold Cup or a World Cup. Sales will only go up if the country qualifies for said tournament. However, the boom period can go one of 2 ways. If it is a Gold Cup yeah sure sales will be high but sales will only be higher if the country say qualifies for a World Cup. The price Canada pays for signing with Nike because Nike if anything cares about in case of a national team if said national team qualifies for a major tournament but if that major tournament is the World Cup, sales double even triple tenfold because of just how special of an event the World Cup is.

So the financial success of this deal has nothing to do with Nike and is incumbent on the team itself being successful?

Okay so we're back to the start, with Nike we get a slick design and they're a "cool" company. Great. Now if only they could figure out how to sell us a jersey with a players name on it... Patience though right? Maybe in another year and a half.

2 minutes ago, red card said:

That wasn't your point in your first two posts: 

Yeah but under Umbro and or Adidas Canada was not making money with their Jersey sales...but at least with Nike making way more in sales than they ever did with either of those companies...

Whether Nike designs better jerseys than the others is highly subjective.  I like some of their kits with other countries but they have also whiffed on many others. So far, Nike hasn't done much to generate sales beyond what Adidas or Umbro have done previously. 

As other have noted, for a country like Canada, results on the pitch matter more than anything a kit provider does. We have seen this with the women where jersey sales jumped post London. Nike jersey sales will have a hard time matching that sales level until the men's team qualifies for the WC.

For Nike so far, they had a good tv ad for the Women's World Cup and an ad featuring AD that got some traction online. Up until this release, the jersey has been pretty generic and not widely available. 

Okay fair enough you have points there but yes until the Men's team qualifies for the WC, jersey sales are going to be low for the CMNT. However, for the Women they are an entirely different case because they qualify for World Cups more frequently than the men do so of course their jersey sales are going to be much better than the CMNT.

6 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

IF we do qualify for Qatar not just jersey sales will increase even other off shot products like T shirts , scarfs, etc will  improve  providing if it is priced  okay

Thank you...finally something we can agree on because I'm of the exact same mindset...took the damn words right out of my mouth echoing my sentiment 

4 hours ago, gigi riva said:

the more and more I look at them the more I like them . Still not the biggest fan of Nike . I prefer Adidas, and Hummel, there is something about those Vs on the Hummel jerseys I love

Been trying to tell people that the Canada Nike kits are much better. Been trying to tell all of you.

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Are much better because you like them? I’m not allowed my own opinion?

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but Nike offers better jerseys especially if you ask any other soccer nation under them like USA, Brazil, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Croatia, etc

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but Nike offers better jerseys especially if you ask any other soccer nation under them like USA, Brazil, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Croatia, etc

You mean countries who are being paid by Nike to license their brands?

38 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Right, but Canada is being paid like them.

And that is a good thing because whatever boat Canada is in all those other countries are in too so really there is no difference between Canada and any of those other soccer nations who are under the Nike umbrella

27 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

And that is a good thing because whatever boat Canada is in all those other countries are in too so really there is no difference between Canada and any of those other soccer nations who are under the Nike umbrella

Except for the money they’re getting that we’re not, which is a good thing?

42 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay but that money won't be made unless Canada either are in tournaments or start qualifying for tournaments

Not true. Going back to my original post, had the CSA signed with another kit maker they would have received a premium just signing a deal. The CSA did not get that with Nike, Nike offers that to other countries.

54 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Not true. Going back to my original post, had the CSA signed with another kit maker they would have received a premium just signing a deal. The CSA did not get that with Nike, Nike offers that to other countries.

Yeah but they ultimately went with Nike

9 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Fyi. Just checked Nike site and could not find Canada kit anywhere.

I think Sportchek is the only national distributor of CSA merch. Everything is 25% off right now.

https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/fan-shop/international-soccer/canada.html?lastVisibleProductNumber=20

Edited by BuzzAndSting