Nike?

Admin

To be fair why would Nike care what we wear when we don’t play matches? 

This partnership has been a big disappointment up until now.  Basically Nike has our two marketable stars in Davies and Sinclair and we get....?  No matches and probably our worst kit ever (which is really hard to accomplish). 

Are we being trolled?  How do we always manage to pick the worst kit ever? Does the CSA not have a say?  If this came across my desk I would laugh and throw it back in their face. 

Nike put about x10000 the time in making their promo video than they did for these kits. 

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

To be fair why would Nike care what we wear when we don’t play matches? 

This partnership has been a big disappointment up until now.  Basically Nike has our two marketable stars in Davies and Sinclair and we get....?  No matches and probably our worst kit ever (which is really hard to accomplish). 

Are we being trolled?  How do we always manage to pick the worst kit ever? Does the CSA not have a say?  If this came across my desk I would laugh and throw it back in their face. 

Nike put about x10000 the time in making their promo video than they did for these kits. 

I've said this before but I guarantee the CSA has a say in the kits. I assume that Nike brings them a set of possible design and the execs at the CSA pick a home and away. Considering we have always had a penchant for plain and boring kits it's either a personal preference from those in charge or an organizational mentality to chose kits that are simple and not flashy at all. 

What are the most adventurous kits we've had over the last 15 years? The chevron? The current single white into red bar over the crest?

On 3/11/2019 at 3:21 PM, red card said:

Wow, red shirt inspired by maple leaf.

Upon a second look, that shoulder design is present here as well, just more faded so it’s the same as the women I think. Anyhow, we got the 2018 World Cup designs Nike gave to everyone during that event.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2019 at 3:43 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Is there anywhere you can buy the new gear yet?

Apparently at Sport Chek.. But ive called a few from my area and they said they don't have it — but the website says they do. 

Im confused. 

• 9 months later...
38 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Sure, but make cool kits like these and maybe you sell more. 

I refuse to buy any of our Nike merch until we get an interesting design. I buy a lot of sports clothing and i'm not against paying a lot of money for the things I enjoy but there's no way I would ever pay over $100 for a red Nike template shirt with a Canada soccer logo on it. 

44 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Sure, but make cool kits like these and maybe you sell more. 

Unfortunately companies like Nike don’t work like that, they’re far more pragmatic and calculated with their resources.

edit: Apparently Nike isn’t like that considering the tweet about 65 options available. Although it sounds like they’re still working in a very mechanical way.

Specifically to the Canada designs, don’t ever expect anything drastic, flamboyant or exaggerated from our kits. Look at the history of our design going back to the Adidas deal in the late 90s, every kit has been simple lines, minimal colour contrast and classic looks. Someone, or some group at the CSA prefer conservative designs and there’s no reason to believe that won’t continue.

Edited by BuzzAndSting