Nike?

Admin

Was there a point to even having this launch/release?  It looks like the same jerseys with a checkmark on it instead.

Extremely disappointing.  Perhaps money was saved on going with the embarrassingly ordinary uniforms.

Judging by the disappointing reactions Canada Soccer is getting on Instagram & Twitter, it may have been better to not made an official release.

So in the 3 still images two different coloured logos are shown, red and black with no outline on the white kit and all white with no outline on the red kit. The close up posted to the CSA Instagram is just a photoshopped logo onto a blank white template. And the logo worn by SS and KB which I presume are the actual finished products both have a red and black logo with a definitive silverish outline that has a sheen to it. This is complete amateur hour that we don’t have a complete set of matching imagery on launch day. I’m more excited now to see what Macron comes up with because I imagine at some point there was a discussion of packaging the CPL teams with the NTs and someone, probably from the CSA, chose Nike instead.

4 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Sooo when does the mens jersey get released?? 

This.

None of the other countries indicate this will be the men’s jersey going forward and (this is going to sound sexist) while a country’s newest men’s jersey release tends to become the defecto jersey for the women, that has never been the case for a jersey release for a women’s team....at the very least I can’t think of one country doing that off the top of my head.

Edited by Macksam

8 minutes ago, Macksam said:

This.

None of the other countries indicate this will be the men’s jersey going forward and (this is going to sound sexist) while a country’s newest men’s jersey release tends to become the defecto jersey for the women, that has never been the case for a jersey release for a women’s team....at the very least I can’t think of one country doing that off the top of my head.

D1ZApKEWoAYWFVJ.jpg:largeD1ZGdmIWwAAV3Gg.jpg:large

This is what I predicted (somewhere on this forum) when the Starbucks of sports apparel was announced as our new kit manufacturers.  

Plain red:  Inspired by the non-uniformly coloured maple tree

r.1276161211_ScreenShot2019-03-11at4_11_01PM.png.22d73fd76a0b23da3cffc44bb677c164.png

Plain white:  Inspired by what we here at Nike imagine that snow-covered country looks like 12 months of the year.

Edited by SuperCanuck

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Just show me the money... got to assume CSA/CSB  got more dosh from Nike for sponsorship....now can we have some games ...pretty please?

I’m starting to believe this theory about $ less and less. Its safe to assume that whoever was “bidding” would have been asked by CSB to submit a proposal for both the CPL and the CSA. Now that we have a different supplier for each, one party chose a different company for a reason other than money because either Macron or Nike would have definitively put forward a higher offer. Because the league owners, who have millions of their own of dollers on the line chose Macron I’m inclined to believe that it was them who offered more. This seems to makes sense considering the notion that a smaller company would have to put forward more capital to the owners to compensate for their inferior brand recognition and market share. It also makes sense that the organization with no money on the line but who definitely has a larger stake in brand awareness might go with the more recognizable name and forgo the capital. So I suspect this had nothing to do with the money involved and more about which brand the CSA liked better. So sad.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

This.

It just doesn’t make sense to me that they’d make the women’s kits so plain for thr world cup and the men’s so spectacular for WCQs.

I see this kit being our own for a few years 

6 hours ago, canta15 said:

It just doesn’t make sense to me that they’d make the women’s kits so plain for thr world cup and the men’s so spectacular for WCQs.

I see this kit being our own for a few years 

They should wear the white as much as possible.  If one gets ripped during a game, they can just replace it with a white t-shirt.