Nike?

Admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

I assume they're unveiling the women's world cup kit.

Not sure if the men will wear the same.

Based on what's been released by Nike so far today, it seems like the women will have their own kit. I like that, they should have their own identity.

Hopefully both our men's and women's team get something unique like the French WWC kit, just released today 

francebanner_940x.jpg

From the CSA news release.

Fans will have an opportunity to purchase the new kit at the 24 March, 2019 home match which will feature Canada’s Men’s National Team vs French Guiana in Concacaf Nations League Qualifying at BC Place in Vancouver, BC. Individual tickets to the Canada v French Guiana Concacaf Nations League Qualifier are available via Ticketmaster.ca.

About as plain as you can get. That Nike money must've been a big step up from Umbro, because the uniforms are a massive step down.

It probably has to do with turnaround time, given that Canada just joined Nike, but all the other countries in those photos have much more detail in their uniforms than ours. One can only hope that the CSA and NIke are already starting work on a much more unique kit for 2020.

I knew Nike would just throw us a cookie cutter kit. Their jerseys have been awful the last few years

Edited by Guest

I don't really mind the minimalist design. Looks like my Nike Chile 2016 jersey (the one they had when they won Copa América Centenario) minus the blue stripes on the side and around the neck. More like the 2018 one, actually.

There also might be more detail woven-in that we can't see because of the pic quality, though.

Edited by Shakmur

8 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Okay at least there are close images. It looks a little bit better with the numbers on them but still plain as plain can be

Those aren’t even the same jerseys as the first two, the CSA logo is different. The two from the group shots had the full colour logo, these are red and white fill only.

Brutal!