Jump to content

Nike?


admin
 Share

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Kent said:

Um, what? I think you've got that backwards. Audi gives MLS money so that MLS writers/broadcasters say "Audi MLS playoffs". Athletes appear in commercials to help advertise their sponsors. Hey Roberto Alomar, say you like McCain fruit punch and we'll give you money. This is the whole point of sponsorship.

Sometimes the advertising can be mutually beneficial, especially in this kind of a case where the sponsor is the bigger deal than the thing it is sponsoring. But the idea is still that the sponsor (Nike) is getting advertising from the entity they are sponsoring (Canada Soccer).

A kit sponsor gets support from a team by being on everything to do with the team and being on every bit of apparel worn by teams and their fans. 

I get what you’re saying but your examples are off - we aren’t the Nike Canadian Men’s National Team.  We are the CMNT and our apparel sponsor is Nike.  

I think it’s great to be tied to the biggest name in sport but it would be nice to balance that with some results of what they’re doing for us.  As of now we have ZERO planned across all levels and age groups at the men’s level besides a mandated qualifier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RS said:

It's January 9th. Maybe give the deal a full two weeks before judging it?

I know it’s early but not too early to realize we’re already not having a January camp.. which we’ve had with past sponsors.  Even last year amidst all the mayhem we had a u23 camp. 

Meh, maybe come the official announcement they’ll announce friendlies in conjunction.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

I know it’s early but not too early to realize we’re already not having a January camp.. which we’ve had with past sponsors.  Even last year amidst all the mayhem we had a u23 camp. 

Meh, maybe come the official announcement they’ll announce friendlies in conjunction.  

We don’t need a January camp we are Canada with our past history of great success at the youth national and senior national men’s team why would Canada need a January camp. Now the US with their history of failures at both the youth a senior men’s national team level they need a January camp with a few games included, but Canada no , why would this great men’s soccer nation need a January camp ? Oh shit what have I done I’ve criticized the national team and the CSA something that it seems is a no no on these boards .?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

A kit sponsor gets support from a team by being on everything to do with the team and being on every bit of apparel worn by teams and their fans. 

I get what you’re saying but your examples are off - we aren’t the Nike Canadian Men’s National Team.  We are the CMNT and our apparel sponsor is Nike.  

I think it’s great to be tied to the biggest name in sport but it would be nice to balance that with some results of what they’re doing for us.  As of now we have ZERO planned across all levels and age groups at the men’s level besides a mandated qualifier.

Ah. So your problem is about a lack of friendlies, and not actually with a pic of Sinclair pointing at a Nike logo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Is there a timeline for when a jersey will be released? 

Was wondering the exact same thing, guess we won't have to wait long since the WNT plays a friendly vs Norway in Spain (in) 5 days

From the practices they've had already seen what the training gear will look like which is pretty standard 

Looking forward to hearing when they go on sale 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Keegan said:

Agree, black Canada gear is garbage.  If we wear any other colour but red and white it should be blue, as in the centennial kits. 

Am I the only one that hates blue on a Canada jersey? A lack of blue is what separates us from Americans... and a lot of other countries.

I never liked the centennial jersey, but I accepted it as a one off to honour that first game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Am I the only one that hates blue on a Canada jersey? A lack of blue is what separates us from Americans... and a lot of other countries.

I never liked the centennial jersey, but I accepted it as a one off to honour that first game.

I think everyone just liked the maple leaf crest. 

I didn't like the blue either. I wanted to buy it, but at the price i was thinking when would i wear it to a game again. 

Hate not having some kinda of red. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...