Nike?

Admin

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

So Kloke touched on this more in the athletic but basically Nike doesn’t pay us and was supposed to at a point. They give us some free gear (hence why it has to be given back after the end of camps because we have to share it with our other teams) and that’s about it.

Bontis and Co wanted Nike and negotiated the deal themselves…. Further more other major brands had interest in sponsoring the team… basically CSB thinks that if they had done the deal, we might not have gotten Nike but we would have gotten more gear and more $$, the CSA didn’t negotiate with anyone but Nike. 

Why can't we get rid of Nike?

10 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

So Kloke touched on this more in the athletic but basically Nike doesn’t pay us and was supposed to at a point. They give us some free gear (hence why it has to be given back after the end of camps because we have to share it with our other teams) and that’s about it.

Bontis and Co wanted Nike and negotiated the deal themselves…. Further more other major brands had interest in sponsoring the team… basically CSB thinks that if they had done the deal, we might not have gotten Nike but we would have gotten more gear and more $$, the CSA didn’t negotiate with anyone but Nike. 

Fuck me makes me wonder if Bontis and Co pocketed some money under the table .

38 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Fuck me makes me wonder if Bontis and Co pocketed some money under the table .

Wouldn't be surprised given how corrupt Canadian governance is at the municipal, provincial and federal levels with all the kick backs that occur and non arms length contracts that get done behind the scenes without punishment. 

Edited by Macksam

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Shway said:

...so do you think we see a new kit for the NL Finals or Gold Cup? 😒

They should have one out for the Women's World Cup. Unlike for the men, Cochrane has said Nike has discussed with them about the plan for women's kits starting 4 years ago.

Haven't seen anything yet from Nike but adidas has released their WC away kits. It plays off the nature of each country.

Edited by red card

25 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is the kit the women are getting for the World Cup 

Screenshot_20230403-073659_Twitter.jpg

The red trim on the white top and socks is beautiful along with the red shorts. The top itself is kinda weird with those diagonal lines (a simple collar would've looked sharp). Would need to see the red and black one in a photo or in person. Right now it kinda looks like some 90s tech company landing page or tradeshow banner. 

6 minutes ago, grigorio said:

The red trim on the white top and socks is beautiful along with the red shorts. The top itself is kinda weird with those diagonal lines (a simple collar would've looked sharp). Would need to see the red and black one in a photo or in person. Right now it kinda looks like some 90s tech company landing page or tradeshow banner. 

Hard to draw too many conclusions from this rendering showing the robo-players and jerseys from odd obstructed angles. Not sure I like either jersey (I prefer the current black but probably just due to positive associations with WCQ results earned wearing those ones) but at least they made an effort this time.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

The women get custom kits, while the men get template kits to wear for 3 years.

Equality? ...

When the deal was signed the women's team were likely viewed as the more likely to sell significant numbers of shirts by Nike with the men's team regarded as an afterthought pre-2026. Another example of why locking yourself into long contracts is often best avoided because circumstances can and do change.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

When the deal was signed the women's team were likely viewed as the more likely to sell significant numbers of shirts by Nike with the men's team regarded as an afterthought pre-2026. Another example of why locking yourself into long contracts is often best avoided because circumstances can and do change.

It’s irrelevant.

This could’ve been revealed just like how they like to reference the federation south of us. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqk2rlMOR9F/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It’s a dumb idea to have separate kits.
The only thing that needs to be avoided is the white shorts”. 

ARGHH! CSA and Nike screwing the mens program.  Inequality, disrespect, the men got no new shirt for WC, the women do! Waaaaaa!!!!  I dont care about facts or perfectly reasonable reasons why this happened, I just want to complain, where is the inquiry??  Unfair treatment.  I want to see the men in Gov hearings telling us how their feeling were hurt by this disrespectful treatment, even if there is a completely logical reason why.  You know  just like there were reasons why the men had extra staff, more money for WC prep (from FIFA coffers) because the mens tourney brings multitudes more money than the womens etc, but no one wanted to hear that.  

Here are the other Nike World Cup kits.

Looks like the away kits are more simplistic in design and look similar across nations. Norway, Korea, China, France & Australia both home & away kits are quite basic. In their releases, Nike empahsized technology while adidas emphasized design.

Canada's home kit is one of the better ones. At least the white kit is back to being paired with red shorts.

England's Art Deco inspired blue away kit looks good also.

Edited by red card