Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

Vince193

Honestly, I look at that top 10 in scoring and I see 2 TFC kids and one from Montreal and I think about how they claim the competition isn't good enough in their local leagues and they have to play in American leagues instead. TFC just made the switch so no doubt Marshall-Rutty (I just noticed the name is spelled wrong in the thread title, can someone fix that please?) and Mbongue have been playing in Canada until this season (unless they moved to Toronto recently), and yet they developed enough to be elite goal scorers at the USSDA level. I'd rather our best and brightest prospects be playing other local players to help push those other players to be better as well.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Honestly, I look at that top 10 in scoring and I see 2 TFC kids and one from Montreal and I think about how they claim the competition isn't good enough in their local leagues and they have to play in American leagues instead. TFC just made the switch so no doubt Marshall-Rutty (I just noticed the name is spelled wrong in the thread title, can someone fix that please?) and Mbongue have been playing in Canada until this season (unless they moved to Toronto recently), and yet they developed enough to be elite goal scorers at the USSDA level. I'd rather our best and brightest prospects be playing other local players to help push those other players to be better as well.

Or is it the fact that Canadian academies are better than American ones and the USSDA competition isn't up to par? It's weird people can't believe when I say that Canada has figured out youth development better than the USA and the average domestic Canadian player could be much more skilled than the average American one. There are reasons why a Canadian team won the PDL this year and Canada sent players to Barcelona and Bayern while the US comes nowhere close.

Maybe along with launching CPL Canada could also launch a national development academy.

• 3 months later...

I just saw his highlight video, I did see flashes of his flare and that he's "that good"

Just crazy how he's a 2004, amazed how he's not eligible to play at this year's U17 Concacaf championship because he's too young!!

Not sure did FIFA always have a rule for squads that they have to in between for example - « Jan 1 2003 and Jan 1 2002 » for youth tournaments? I don't remember ever young rule but old always.

if your good enough you're old enough, he's already playing above his Age at TFC' Academy 

Also what a goal vs Chivas in the U-15 GA Cup Final 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/22/toronto-fcs-jahkeele-marshall-rutty-introduces-himself-ga-cup-heroics

Maybe he will make an appearance or two in the USL1 with TFC II later this year 

Note: in 2018 he scored 20 goals in 12 games in USSDA U15, expect to see him move up to U17 

Edited by Blackjack15

4 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

I just saw his highlight video, I did see flashes of his flare and that he's "that good"

Just crazy how he's a 2004, amazed how he's not eligible to play at this year's U17 Concacaf championship because he's too young!!

Not sure did FIFA always have a rule for squads that they have to in between for example - « Jan 1 2003 and Jan 1 2002 » for youth tournaments? I don't remember ever young rule but old always.

if your good enough you're old enough, he's already playing above his Age at TFC' Academy 

Also what a goal vs Chivas in the U-15 GA Cup Final 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/22/toronto-fcs-jahkeele-marshall-rutty-introduces-himself-ga-cup-heroics

Maybe he will make an appearance or two in the USL1 with TFC II later this year 

Note: in 2018 he scored 20 goals in 12 games in USSDA U15, expect to see him move up to U17 

I had no idea there was a minimum age requirement. Back in the day Freddy Adu played U17 when he claimed he was “12”.

• RS changed the title to Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty