Canadians abroad: December 14-20, 2018

jordan

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for December 14-20, 2018.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Scotland

Wotherspoon starts Against Motherwell

Simeon Jackson starts Against Aberdeen

Zanatta starts for Alloa Against Partick

Aird starts for Dundee United Against ICTFC (Trafford is on the bench)

Haber is on the Falkirk bench for match with Morton

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Scotland

Simeon Jackson anybody see this guy making it back to the national team, I would for his experience, the fact he seems to be playing and starting on a regular basis in an ok league, maybe bring him in for depth. I realize that he plays in a position where Canada has some good players but maybe he can be used as a wide midfielder type of player off the bench, anyways nice to have these type of options in the end.

12 minutes ago, 1996 said:

Simeon Jackson anybody see this guy making it back to the national team, I would for his experience, the fact he seems to be playing and starting on a regular basis in an ok league, maybe bring him in for depth. I realize that he plays in a position where Canada has some good players but maybe he can be used as a wide midfielder type of player off the bench, anyways nice to have these type of options in the end.

He probably needs to start tearing it up in SPL to get back in the picture barring injuries to our other strikers but this is a guy who went from 6th tier with a second job at McDonalds to the Premiership so I certainly wouldn't count him out. Nice to see him get his career back on track.

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Scotland

Wotherspoon went 66 in a 2-1 loss, They had done pretty well as of late. They missed another penalty today(converted 2 of the last 6)

Jackson went 90 in a 2-1 loss.

Zanatta had a goal in a 2-2 final.

Aird played 63 in a 1-1 game. Trafford played the last 8 on the other side.

Haber played the last ten in a 0-0 draw.

Norman played the final 30 in a 0-0 draw Dunfermline

Paton went 90 in a 2-0 loss.

2 hours ago, 1996 said:

No for me, hes been invisible against bigger teams. We also play with 1 striker so it would hard to justify calling him up. I have also read people calling for Aird to be called, i would also be a No on this, as the level is not high enough and he rarely gets through a full game. 

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

He probably needs to start tearing it up in SPL to get back in the picture barring injuries to our other strikers but this is a guy who went from 6th tier with a second job at McDonalds to the Premiership so I certainly wouldn't count him out. Nice to see him get his career back on track.

And then after his career took a nose dive once again. Jackson is done at the national level.

Cyprus - 3rd tier - December 14

Andrew Lebre scored for the 3rd game in a row and played 90 minutes to help Ethnikos Assia FC defeat APEA Akrotiriou 3-1.

Greece - 2nd tier - December 16

James Stamopoulos played 90 minutes for Panachaiki Patras in a 0-0 draw away to AO Chania Kissamikos.

Italy - Serie D - December 16

Billy Bithiene came on as a sub for Pergolettese in a 2-1 loss away to Modena.

Richie Ennin came on in the 53rd minute for Castrovillari in a 1-0 win away to Gela.  Castrovillari scored in the 90th minute to win the match.

Cristiano Ciccone started and played 56 minutes for Isernia in a 2-0 loss away to Francavilla.

Nikolas Kras started for Avezzano in a 1-0 win vs Vastese.

Archived