Montreal Area CPL Team

Chad_Impact

9 hours ago, ted said:

No, the main stand was built long before the CanPL came along. The Italians designed and built the extensions at eother end of the main stand and the entire East stand which is, IMO, the most beautiful stand in Canada. If only we could have that at the other end and along the North side -once they move the Hydro Pole. ;)

Ok thanks. It does look great. And just for more clarity... is that a permanent stand?

9 hours ago, ted said:

No, the main stand was built long before the CanPL came along. The Italians designed and built the extensions at eother end of the main stand and the entire East stand which is, IMO, the most beautiful stand in Canada. If only we could have that at the other end and along the North side -once they move the Hydro Pole. ;)

I really don’t understand why they’re going with a different design for the new stands. It’s going to look silly with three different styles 

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I really don’t understand why they’re going with a different design for the new stands. It’s going to look silly with three different styles 

Did you hear they weren't? I just assumed that if Friend announced they were going to use that same company, Bear Stadiums, for Langley, they were still happy with them. Unless Langford has another criteria that does not match what the owners of the club are thinking.

That East stand that Ted loves so much, it is just okay. You can't just look at a stand, you have to deal with details and do the details right. It is quite set back from goal, too much so (could be a rugby consideration). They let people wander in front of it during games which is cheap and tinsel, added to the fact that the lowest seat is too low (same on the main stand, you have to have the first row a metre or two higher than the pitch. It has no side protection as a classic English stand on an end would, which is very rudimentary. Then there is the error of having fans walk up the centre of the stand instead of putting stairs on the sides or two sets on either side--a stand with stairs down the middle always looks worse, the best seats are taken by a stairway.

Friend and co are not designers or architects, and Langford has an atrocious planning reputation, so between the two there is no one there to correct basic errors.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did you hear they weren't? I just assumed that if Friend announced they were going to use that same company, Bear Stadiums, for Langley, they were still happy with them. Unless Langford has another criteria that does not match what the owners of the club are thinking.

That East stand that Ted loves so much, it is just okay. You can't just look at a stand, you have to deal with details and do the details right. It is quite set back from goal, too much so (could be a rugby consideration). They let people wander in front of it during games which is cheap and tinsel, added to the fact that the lowest seat is too low (same on the main stand, you have to have the first row a metre or two higher than the pitch. It has no side protection as a classic English stand on an end would, which is very rudimentary. Then there is the error of having fans walk up the centre of the stand instead of putting stairs on the sides or two sets on either side--a stand with stairs down the middle always looks worse, the best seats are taken by a stairway.

Friend and co are not designers or architects, and Langford has an atrocious planning reputation, so between the two there is no one there to correct basic errors.

Talk about hyperbole. It would be a lovely little stadium if fully completed with that design, but I thought they were going with the Fort Mac company that built Cavalry’s stand. I’m shaky on the details though 

Edited by Aird25

On 5/8/2022 at 7:51 AM, SpursFlu said:

Ok thanks. It does look great. And just for more clarity... is that a permanent stand?

Yes.