Nassim Mekideche

jordan

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Center back born in the year 2000, Playing club football at JS Kabylie in the Algerian top flight. Represented Quebec last summer at the Canada Games. 

Made his First  team debut against CA Bordj Bou Arreridg playing the second half in a 1-0 loss. 

CB?

*Scrambles to cap-tie*

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

A CB?!

Does anyone have more information on Nassim? Style of play? Quality? Anything will do.

I think his name in Arabic might be spelled  نسيم  مقيداش

and of course in French you would put the accent Nassim Mekidèche.

Hard to find info on this guy, or his team in general.

Maybe you should try to get in touch with him? ;)

http://www.elbilad.net/flash/detail?id=51950

Seriously though, please don't actually start emailing him or calling that Montreal phone number.

I don't think he gets much playing time. He doesn't seem to have even been listed in the matchday squad for the CAF Champions League games his club is playing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_CAF_Champions_League_group_stage

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

10 hours ago, badname22 said:

From what transferrmarkt says this is meh: 

- His team in 9th out of 16 teams

- Our guy has only seen 45 minutes of football despite them being in match day 14

- The team feeds to other teams in the same league, one guy did go to Granada in Spain a few years ago though 

Plays with the second team in a U23 league(same teams as top flight but can play a few over agers), and trains with the first team.

Second from left

03C01B7F-827B-46E2-9631-680362A3DDD3.jpeg

On 12/21/2019 at 4:49 PM, nolando said:

IIRC one time Canadian youth and U23 player Sherif El-Masri was on trial briefly in Algeria.

This is true, hes a friend of mine. He was trialling for a few Middle East clubs. Even told me he went to a team in Africa (Tanzania IIRC)... I commend guys like him, Sherwin, Ryan Fante for going wherever to do what they love. 

Edited by Shway
Whenever to wherever

3 hours ago, Shway said:

This is true, hes a friend of mine. He was trialling for a few Middle East clubs. Even told me he went to a team in Africa (Tanzania IIRC)... I commend guys like him, Sherwin, Ryan Fante for going whenever to do what they love. 

Ended up having a decent career in Singapore did he not?  I thought he was potentially hoping to play for Singapore at one point.

6 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Ended up having a decent career in Singapore did he not?  I thought he was potentially hoping to play for Singapore at one point.

He played in Singapore for a good few years. However I think you're mixing up Jordan Webb who's an elite all-star namesake in the S League, and was planning on playing for the Singapore National team... I cant remember exactly the reason why that didn't come to fruition. 

Jordan and Sherif are brothers in law. 

Edited by Shway

4 hours ago, Shway said:

He played in Singapore for a good few years. However I think you're mixing up Jordan Webb who's an elite all-star namesake in the S League, and was planning on playing for the Singapore National team... I cant remember exactly the reason why that didn't come to fruition. 

Jordan and Sherif are brothers in law. 

Didn't know the family connection, thanks. But yeah, Sherif was once promising enough that he was also considered for a Singapore switch. I don't remember the exact ins and outs but I think his Canadian U23 minutes and the fact that he wasn't eligible for Singapore when he played for Canada meant he was out of luck. Jordan was just strung along, I figure, and might even have been victim of national level manager changes because I figure he did enough to at least get a few appearances for Songapore.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 3:17 PM, Buchta said:

I believe Webb had problems getting citizenship in Singapore.

Correct. From what I can piece together... The Singapore football association didn't push it through. Couldn't state to immigration authorities that he'd be a regular for team and benefit, which killed it.

Had completely forgotten about him in the pool for u23. More reasons Cornelius and Miller likely stick with the Seniors. 

Kennedy, Amuz, TMG, Mekideche would be an interesting group. Seems at least one of the first two are unlikely though given the CSA hadn't been in touch with Kennedy.  Dunn is also likely a banker for a CB spot due to his history with the program.

• 7 months later...
  • jordan changed the title to Nassim Mekideche