TFC 2018-2019 Off-season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Pozuelo deal is 99% done. Should be announced anytime now. Unclear whether he'll make it for tomorrow's match, but he will be joining immediately.

Fee is over $11M usd

Any link for this? I've searched but haven't seen anything for this (hoping it is true though).

They have signed a new back-up keeper, a French guy who has played for US youth teams internationally:

https://www.tsn.ca/tfc-signs-backup-goalkeeper-westberg-1.1263545

Molinaro's twitter feed says Moor & De Leon are expected to be in the line-up tomorrow, but Altidore has a new injury and is now expected to miss the game completely and also the season opener. In case Jozy is wondering why TFC are slow to re-sign him at a DP level contract.......

4 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Any link for this? I've searched but haven't seen anything for this (hoping it is true though).

They have signed a new back-up keeper, a French guy who has played for US youth teams internationally:

https://www.tsn.ca/tfc-signs-backup-goalkeeper-westberg-1.1263545

Molinaro's twitter feed says Moor & De Leon are expected to be in the line-up tomorrow, but Altidore has a new injury and is now expected to miss the game completely and also the season opener. In case Jozy is wondering why TFC are slow to re-sign him at a DP level contract.......

Duane Rollins tweet, so take it for what it's worth. 

I do expect it to come to fruition before the opener against Philadelphia 

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

Duane Rollins tweet, so take it for what it's worth. 

I do expect it to come to fruition before the opener against Philadelphia 

https://m.hln.be/sport/voetbal/belgisch-voetbal/racing-genk/saga-voorbij-pozuelo-over-drie-weken-naar-toronto-genk-vangt-10-miljoen~a8791e6c/

He's coming March 17th. 

Now go get some wingers!

I do like that they signed a goalie from ligue 2. 

22 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

More noise on this:

Boo. I thought Quaresma would be a great short term option for this club.

Would inject immediate pace and quality out wide, and we'd score bonus points with the Portuguese community, I assume. Too bad.

Haven't heard any other TAM winger rumors since Menendez.

Hell, I would bring in Julien Green at this point.

They really need help out wide and for anyone preaching patience, recall how the thrown away points came back to bite us last year....

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Boo. I thought Quaresma would be a great short term option for this club.

Would inject immediate pace and quality out wide, and we'd score bonus points with the Portuguese community, I assume. Too bad.

Haven't heard any other TAM winger rumors since Menendez.

Hell, I would bring in Julien Green at this point.

They really need help out wide and for anyone preaching patience, recall how the thrown away points came back to bite us last year....

They need to get pozuelo officially signed then they can build around him. I'd put Osorio and DeLeon on the wing for now. 

Green would be a waste of the number one allocation spot. I expect TFC to use that in the summer window. 

19 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

They need to get pozuelo officially signed then they can build around him. I'd put Osorio and DeLeon on the wing for now. 

Green would be a waste of the number one allocation spot. I expect TFC to use that in the summer window. 

Yeah, we'll see. I also think they'll wait to use it, or may even use it to acquire a player in the league they like. 

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

I don't think Osorio is fast enough for how Vanney want to use the wings.

43 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Terrible 

A huge gamble considering his age and injury history, maybe they thought after losing Seba this deal had to be done, he may have some good games left in him if he stays healthy, that's a great big IF though and 3 more years is a long time!

18 minutes ago, gator said:

A huge gamble considering his age and injury history, maybe they thought after losing Seba this deal had to be done, he may have some good games left in him if he stays healthy, that's a great big IF though and 3 more years is a long time!

3 more years after this year. He turns 30 this season, he'll be 33 his last year. If he's a DP - which i assume he will be - this contract will kill us at the end.

Glad he is signed, but a little concerned with the duration.

However, Toronto needs goals and he scores them, so I can't be upset right about now.

It will depend on his health, but the same can be said about many players. His injury history is more extensive then most, and perhaps that'll be reflected by what they pay him 

Regardless, I am happy. Future is coming into focus. I like it.

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Glad he is signed, but a little concerned with the duration.

However, Toronto needs goals and he scores them, so I can't be upset right about now.

It will depend on his health, but the same can be said about many players. His injury history is more extensive then most, and perhaps that'll be reflected by what they pay him 

Regardless, I am happy. Future is coming into focus. I like it.

2022 could be an option year. Who knows as of now. 

Jozy is out Saturday too right? Might as well rest him til the second game of the year because they have a bye week two. 

------------Ciman moor mavinga--------

Auro Delgado Bradley Osorio morrow

--------hamilton--------boyd------------

Hopefully that's the lineup for Saturday. 0 players who can create anything, I'd consider endoh but where do you play him and over who?

12 hours ago, jpg75 said:

3 more years after this year. He turns 30 this season, he'll be 33 his last year. If he's a DP - which i assume he will be - this contract will kill us at the end.

I wonder if it is possible for someone's contract to be structured so that they are a DP at the beginning but a TAM player towards the end. If so that would be preferable, as I'm also doubtful he will be DP worthy by the age of 33.

However, the guy they really need to move to a TAM contract asap (assuming they keep him at all) is Bradley.

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Jozy is out Saturday too right? Might as well rest him til the second game of the year because they have a bye week two. 

------------Ciman moor mavinga--------

Auro Delgado Bradley Osorio morrow

--------hamilton--------boyd------------

Hopefully that's the lineup for Saturday. 0 players who can create anything, I'd consider endoh but where do you play him and over who?

I would potentially put Endoh up top with Hamilton or Boyd. I would probably go with Hamilton. He had some good moments last night where he held the ball up well. Plus he scored the goal, of course.

I like the rest of your proposed line up.

I think they need to go with 3 at the back. I completely agree with Caldwell (yet again) on his assessment of the Ciman/Mavinga partnership. Both are aggressive and neither is a pure stay at home defensive type, like a Tim Parker for example. Therefore, they're prone to losing their shape.

I like Ciman, but I don't think he's a replacement for Drew Moor in practice. They need to invest in a defensive defender.

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I wonder if it is possible for someone's contract to be structured so that they are a DP at the beginning but a TAM player towards the end. If so that would be preferable, as I'm also doubtful he will be DP worthy by the age of 33.

However, the guy they really need to move to a TAM contract asap (assuming they keep him at all) is Bradley.

I have a very hard time imagining Bradley returning on TAM unless it is a long term deal.

The club could offer him a TAM for 4 years at $1.5M/yr. 

Or, they could offer him a 2-year DP contract for $3M/yr. 

Most likely he returns on a short term DP deal, or not at all.

He is on a $6M/yr deal now, so realistically if TFC management can convince their captain to take a 50% pay cut, that would be a massive win for them.

Kenny Saief, an American international of Israeli decent, is reportedly unhappy at Anderlecht and wants an MLS move.

He's 25 years old and can play as a left winger, though I have watched him and he has the skillset to play central if needed. His style is similar to Endoh, but he's a much better player.

Anyway, if TFC management are still in Belgium, could this be the TAM winger they are looking for?

He made the switch from Israel to USA a few years ago, and has won a handful of caps since.

Has also played several seasons for Gent, but it was before Jonathan David joined the club, I believe.

Also important to note he is NOT on the allocation list, so they'll be other clubs vying for him.

Archived