Game Thread: Canada vs St Kitts & Nevis, Nov 18 (R)

rob.notenboom

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Copes said:

Man, I actually think Canada is missing Osorio. Was trying to figure out what was missing in the attack and I think its the TFC kid. Not sure if I remember another game where I missed Oso this much. 

Uninspiring first half. A lot of possession with no thought or purpose. Don't understimate St. Kitts. Would not surprise me if they bury one. We need one or two more. 

Yeah missing him and arfield are killing us. We can't play 3 defensive midfielders but our more attacking options on the bench aren't to great.

1 minute ago, Initial B said:

I finally found a stream that worked, but ugh. I'm still going to be in clench mode until the final whistle sounds. I'm worried we give one up in the first 5 minutes of the second half.

For some reason I can't explain (or justify) I think we will look better in the 2nd right out of the gates.  Jitters are over.  Lead secured.  Garbage-can-kicking halftime talk by Herdman (?).  Let's just go out and win this.

Also I thought it strange that the talking head was acting like St Kitts beating Suriname in February was a foregone conclusion.  Other than the game vs. Dominica, Suriname has looked decent.  Plus, the game is in Paramaribo, it wouldn't surprise me to see Suriname win that game.

Who knows, by February, Suriname's government may allow dual-nationality and Suriname could be buffed by adding some Dutch-based players.

That’s the thing a lot of times we talk about player A or B being some sort of messiah without really having the luxury of ever really seeing them play game in game out and that’s what’s happening with Tabla , he did not impress me when he came in the game the last time and has not impressed me this game so far, however let’s keep in mind he is only 19 so he has a long road ahead of him and we can’t expect him to have such a big impact just yet but hopefully he will eventually live up to his potential as he.gets older.

Archived