Game Thread: Canada vs St Kitts & Nevis, Nov 18 (R)

rob.notenboom

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like we respected St. Kitts and Nevis a bit too much in this half. They never pushed up and tried to break us down; I don't see a need for 3 deeper midfielders, particularly since the likes of Hoilett and Tabla are getting outnumbered any time we bring the ball forward. Teibert himself isn't that effective in this more attacking role on the left. We may as well get in Liam Millar and put Hoilett into a more central role. Teibert's movement and positioning has been poor.

We really are missing someone like Arfield and Osorio, both of who are better at playing the more attacking midfield role than Teibert. Tabla himself is struggling to link up with anyone in the midfield as well as Davies. Hoilett coming inside later on did help us, but we need Millar on the right to stretch them.

ZBG needs to get more of the ball, too. His deliveries have been very good on the right. Cavallini's isolated in this setup and needs support. Davies can play higher up, but Teibert will have to play deeper than he currently does.

Man, I actually think Canada is missing Osorio. Was trying to figure out what was missing in the attack and I think its the TFC kid. Not sure if I remember another game where I missed Oso this much. 

Uninspiring first half. A lot of possession with no thought or purpose. Don't understimate St. Kitts. Would not surprise me if they bury one. We need one or two more. 

Just now, devioustrevor said:

Who else has a left foot?  I feel like Tabla should come off.  He's been pretty weak so far.

The last couple of games have really calmed down the idea that he is the messiah of Canadian footy.  Gear to see him in the mix, and definitely potential, but he has a lot of work to do to be a game changer for us.  

And this confirms to me that LB is not the spot for Davies. I would far rather see him up the pitch attacking.

Archived