Blackdude

Montreal Impact offseason 2018-19

Strong preseason for Montreal..3 wins 2 draws 1 goal allowed..piatti-urruti a good duo..bayiha getting a lot of time seems Garde really likes him on right wing..choiniere with a stunner..cb's not tested too much..shome plays too slow..not a huge number of important players went out and two strong ones in..should make the playoffs this year

Any insight into ZBG and Legault? 

I saw on twitter that Legault is expected to be offered a contract.  How did they look in preseason?  How many minutes can we expect? 

Shame that RB looks so loaded but I read Legault looked decent on the left as well.

59 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Any insight into ZBG and Legault? 

I saw on twitter that Legault is expected to be offered a contract.  How did they look in preseason?  How many minutes can we expect? 

Shame that RB looks so loaded but I read Legault looked decent on the left as well.

I would expect one of the 2 players to be loaned to Ottawa, at least for now. ZBG is a little older than Legault and more experienced, so he’ll probably remain with the Impact as the backup for Bacary Sagna at right back. On the left side they have a solid starter in Lovitz, and Raitala can back up that position as well as centre back.

I don't think they can loan out their loanee in ZBG, he will definitely stick and learn from Sagna while hopefully swiping some minutes off him. 

Has Legault just been playing at fullback or CB too? The latter is where some people have projected him ending up. 

57 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

At left back he is probably behind Raitala as well.

Possible, but Raitala only played at centre back and was told that he will play there. 

Posted (edited)

Anybody know any streaming sites that offer playback? On European time and would rather not have to wake up at 4am to watch the game

Edited by Chad_Impact

Looks like Montréal still hasn’t signed David Choinière and Émile Legault. The Impact better not wait too much longer, or these 2 players might jump to CanPL.