Montreal Impact offseason 2018-19

Blackdude

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Gilmour will be named President of the Impact, taking over from Joey Saputo. If that means Saputo will interfere less in the team it will be a good move. In a best case scenario Gilmour will have the power to fire all the friends and insiders that we have on staff and replace them with qualified people.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2019/01/21/kevin-gilmore-se-joint-a-limpact-1

12 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Kevin Gilmour will be named President of the Impact, taking over from Joey Saputo. If that means Saputo will interfere less in the team it will be a good move. In a best case scenario Gilmour will have the power to fire all the friends and insiders that we have on staff and replace them with qualified people.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2019/01/21/kevin-gilmore-se-joint-a-limpact-1

So was this the extent of the news conference?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Montreal make some signings soon, because I don't think they are anywhere close to a playoff team currently.

Urruti was frustrating in dallas, not a clinical finisher whatsoever. This team looks like another season of "hope Piatti can beat 3 guys on his own and score again"

Diallo is healthy and could be key at CB, but they need goals in addition to an improved defence this year.

I think Urruti and Novillo will have good seasons but we definitely need more. This Okwonkwo kid seems like he has talent but who knows if he'll be able to translate it to the goals we desperately needed last year. 

I have a feeling Garde and the rest of the team are counting on the young guys like M. Choiniere, Bahiya, Kinumbe, Shome and now ZBG to play big roles. 

4 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

I think Urruti and Novillo will have good seasons but we definitely need more. This Okwonkwo kid seems like he has talent but who knows if he'll be able to translate it to the goals we desperately needed last year. 

I have a feeling Garde and the rest of the team are counting on the young guys like M. Choiniere, Bahiya, Kinumbe, Shome and now ZBG to play big roles. 

None of those players are goal scorers, even if they have big roles.

novillo's recent club career shouldn't fill anyone with confidence either.

30 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

None of those players are goal scorers, even if they have big roles.

novillo's recent club career shouldn't fill anyone with confidence either.

Novillo's resume is definitely underwhelming besides his stint in Australia but I'm hoping playing under Garde in a comfortable atmosphere will get him going. 

Archived