CanPL Fantasy League

If you still are planning to do this you might want to let people know on the CPL reddit. Every so often someone asks about a fantasy league.

Supposedly the league is planning to eventually have an official fantasy league, but who knows when that will be.

I would totally have assumed that the league would have incorporated an official fantasy game into their app, but with the opener being less than 3 weeks away, I'm not confident that about anymore. That would be a shame because it would seriously help the non-hardcore follow the league along more closely a la FPL. Who would be the best to tweet at about this, would it be PB?

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to bump this a little.

@GuillermoDelQuarto has continued to update this endeavour via e-mail. I've put together the "official" rules, and have some preliminary points awarded for players. The points section still needs to be validated (double/triple checked), but should be pretty close for anyone who wants to create/run their own FanPL group.

I'll try to keep updating the points, but the CPL stat system is a little clunky (and doesn't show who was subbed when), so there's some digging that needs to be done for every match. Hopefully this will improve as we move forward.