2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I am just about to start shunning TSN.  This is shameful!  I wonder what the soccer guys think of it?

They aren't ideal, but they are stil showing the WWC, the Gold Cup, and MLS games for those who follows that league.  I would have loved to see them make CPL and V-Cup games part of that lineup (and thus declare themselves as the home of Canadian footy) but I will still give them some credit - and some dollars.

Obviously i cant because they do have so much soccer for us on the network.  Hopefully they are more inclusive to the CPL next year.  its like they are going out of their way not to mention it at all.  I dont know what they are going to say when CPL comes up against MLS in the V's cup.  I dont think it would take away from their EPL, Uefa, WWC, Gold Cup etc if they throw a little spotlight on CPL.  Sportsnet doesnt seem to have any problems with it.  

Inter league play is always fun for all the usual reasons and in true cup fashion we're going to see 3rd round actions involving 3 different leagues on 3 very distinctive grounds.  Two quirky but charming CPL venues in Wanderer's Grounds and Spruce Meadows and the just straight up arse York Lions Stadium.  I LOVE IT.   

Wednesday evening is such a right off for me.  

Well, I think tonight puts CPL well and truly on the football map. Lots of happy CPL fans tonight. Two great matches and the other was a great result.

Advantage Ottawa and Impact going into the 2nd leg, but Cavs have an even chance to advance.

Posted (edited)

Anyone who has not seen the goal by York 9’s Ryan Telfer tonight versus Montreal,  i say,  google it.  Or look for it on Youtube.   It the the nicest goal that i have seen live all year.  All competitions including MLS.

Edited by Free kick

6 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Are there highlights fir these matches?

Yup, all the extended highlights are on the OneSoccer youtube channel

Now that the CPL clubs acquitted them selves quite nicely in the Cup  I got to thinking of a slight flaw in how Canadian teams qualify for the CONCACAF competitions. 

Its entirely possible for a CPL team to qualify for the CONCACAF League and Champions League all in the same season. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, narduch said:

Now that the CPL clubs acquitted them selves quite nicely in the Cup  I got to thinking of a slight flaw in how Canadian teams qualify for the CONCACAF competitions. 

Its entirely possible for a CPL team to qualify for the CONCACAF League and Champions League all in the same season. 

That happens in every league. Whenever a club wins the top league and the national cup, they'll take the higher spot (in this case, CCL) and the lesser spot (CONCACAF League) will go to the second-placed team in the league.

Edited by Zem

2 minutes ago, Zem said:

That happens in every league. Whenever a club wins the top league and the national cup, they'll take the higher spot (in this case, CCL) and the lesser spot (CONCACAF League) will go to the second-placed team in the league.

That's not the same thing. 

For example. Forge are about to start their CONCACAF League matches. But had they pulled off an upset and won the 2019 Voyageurs Cup that would automatically place them in the 2020 Champions League. 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

That's not the same thing. 

For example. Forge are about to start their CONCACAF League matches. But had they pulled off an upset and won the 2019 Voyageurs Cup that would automatically place them in the 2020 Champions League. 

Ah, true enough. Yeah, I dunno how they'd manage that if a club qualified for CCL through both the VC and CL.

I guess the club would take whichever Champions League spot gave the higher seeding (currently it would be the VC obviously), and then the other spot would go to the VC runner-up. It would be pretty weird for the VC runner-up to take the CONCACAF League spot in the Champions League that the other club technically won, but I feel like that's the only thing that would work.

Yeah, I brought up this scenario when the CONCACAF League format change was announced. It would be nice to see CONCACAF’s thoughts on it so we at least know they won’t be coming up with what to do after the fact.

I love that the 3 CPL teams acquitted themselves so well last night (we were a blown offside call away from 3 draws) and I love that the 3 teams carrying the CPL banner are not the ones shown seniority preference by the league when it came to eligibility for CCL. 

No idea what will happen on round 2 of these matches but great showing yesterday. 

Just got to watch some of the Cavalry Caps game and watched highlights of it and the York Impact game (was at Halifax Fury).  Great to see chances by all sides. Crazy that York basically gifted the Impact both their goals (no idea why Ingram would make that tackle to give up the pk).  They were a couple of brain glitches away from a 2-0 lead.  That would have been wild.