On 4/24/2019 at 12:10 PM, Blue and White Army said:

Which section are you in? Are Voyageurs planning a "neutral" section?

For Vaughan Azzurri vs. HFX Wanderers on May 15, any idea what's happening regarding tickets? I see nothing on Vaughan's website or social media account about tickets - other than them giving away tickets to the York 9 Voyageurs Cup match. 😂

The team's website says they are selling tickets for $12.50 at their clubhouse on Keele St.

I'm sure you could get tickets at the door.

https://club.vaughansoccer.com/index.php/vsc-programs-menu/rep-competitive-program-menu/teams/item/1974-l1-azzurri-in-qualifying-round-at-the-2019-canadian-championship-get-your-tickets-today

Just wanted to comment on the format. 

At first I thought it was kinda dumb. But I don't hate it as much now for 2 reasons.

-it stretches out the tournament. 

-essentially teams earn their shot at the MLS sides. This way CPL will be sending off its better teams.  

I also think TFC may have lobbied to start in the semis due to fixture congestion. Which means the ideal format most people wanted of 10 teams starting in round 1 couldn't happen unless TFC joined in the quarters. 

https://www.concacafleague.com/en/article/2019-scotiabank-concacaf-league-draw-to-take-place-on-may-30

Pot 1: Santa Tecla FC (SLV), Panama 3 (TBC), CD Marathon (HON), AS Capoise (HAI), Guatemala 2 (TBC) and Deportivo Saprissa (CRC).

Pot 2: Belmopan Bandits (BLZ), El Salvador 3 (TBC), Real Esteli FC (NCA), SV Robinhood (SUR), Comunicaciones FC (GUA) and Canada 2 (TBC).

Pot 3: Panama 1 (TBC), CS Herediano (CRC), Panama 2 (TBC), Honduras 1 (TBC), AD San Carlos (CRC), Honduras 2 (TBC), El Salvador 1 (TBC) and CD Guastatoya (GUA).

Pot 4: Waterhouse FC (JAM), Managua FC (NCA), Winner Preliminary Round Matchup #1, Winner Preliminary Round Matchup #2, Winner Preliminary Round Matchup #3, Winner Preliminary Round Matchup #4, Winner Preliminary Round Matchup #5 and Winner Preliminary Round Matchup #6

Fans will be able to follow all the action through the Confederation’s partner networks, including Univision Deportes (United States), Yahoo Sports (United States), Fox Sports Latin America (Mexico & Central America), TSN (Canada), Flow Sports (Caribbean) and other local partners. For other territories, the event will be available on Concacaf GO (subject to territory restrictions).

3 hours ago, narduch said:

At first I thought it was kinda dumb. But I don't hate it as much now for 2 reasons.

-it stretches out the tournament. 

-essentially teams earn their shot at the MLS sides. This way CPL will be sending off its better teams.  

I made essentially the same point in the latest HFX Vaughn match thread.  Seeing how it has been playing out, and seeing the quality of the CPL teams that will make it through the process to rep CPL against the MLS teams has extinguished my knee-jerk sense out injustice.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

I also think TFC may have lobbied to start in the semis due to fixture congestion. Which means the ideal format most people wanted of 10 teams starting in round 1 couldn't happen unless TFC joined in the quarters. 

I disagree with the idea of accommodating TFC.  One of the benefits of being a "big club" (in the CPL/MLS context) is that TFC should have the bench capable of getting them through early rounds against lower level opposition.  Almost all big clubs do it in early rounds of domestic competitions.  Despite my point above for this transitional year, I don't see why one team should get a buy (bye?) into the semis or quarters of a major competition.