Canada-Dominica Game Thread (R)

Blackjack15

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

Who is the MOTM?  Davies Or Hoilett?

I think Hoilett was the best player in the 1st half but Davies has controlled the game in the 2nd. 

I say MOTM goes to Davies.

Hoilett for me, on a night where there were lots of chances but difficulty finishing he managed to put one away, and the own goal was off his shot.

It’s hard to say a 5-0 beatdown is disappointing when we didn’t even give up a shot and controlled the ball 76% of the time.  This was the most dominating game I’ve ever seen Canada play.  

That being said, it seemed like the score should have been 7-0+. 5-0 is still pretty good so let’s take that though.

It was nice to see all the young guys get on the field as well so there’s that too.  

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

It’s hard to say a 5-0 beatdown is disappointing when we didn’t even give up a shot and controlled the ball 76% of the time.  This was the most dominating game I’ve ever seen Canada play.  

That being said, it seemed like the score should have been 7-0+. 5-0 is still pretty good so let’s take that though.

It was nice to see all the young guys get on the field as well so there’s that too.  

Yeah we dominated them as we should but there were so many mistakes made that shouldn’t be happening. 

I am a little disappointed we didn’t break the home record, but I was throughly entertained through out this whole match. I agree with the commentators when they stated it will be really enjoyable watching this team grow

Takeaways:

1. Davies is always very threatening going forward. Playing him at left back reminds me of when Bale played left back in his Southampton/early Tottenham days. I get filling positional needs but I think you have to play your most dangerous players in positions where they can get on the score sheet;

2. Liam Millar is strong, fast and technically sound. He will be a huge contributor for a long time;

3. Teibert lacks the pace to play on the outside. He is best in a deep lying midfield role, but probably not good enough at that spot to crack Canada's best 11;

4. Hoilett is a cut above;

5. David's goal was excellent. He's a very good young player;

6. It was great seeing Atiba out there and I thought he played great;

7. I thought Tabla was rusty, albeit in limited time;

8. The game could not have been more one-sided, but Canada was certainly wasteful in front of goal; and

9. There is a lot to be excited about moving forward.

Difficult to learn anything from a game like that. They weren't even in a realistic formation where they could get used to each others movements. This was just an exercise in team building/bonding, which is very important at this stage.

Respect to the Dominica fans who showed up, they were partying post game as if they'd won.

59 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Disappointed right now tbh, yes lots of positives for this game but Larin, Tabla, Osorio & Teibert have underperformed in my opinion in the 2nd half

Look different than the chemistry they had in Florida vs USVI 

Too many missed passes, faulty runs, weak crosses or shots way off goal and just trying to do too much, keep it simple 

Was expecting much more than 4-0 at this point 

15 minutes to go, come on guys let’s create something here 

Teibert played really well, IMO. Osorio was pretty good as well. 

50 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Who is the MOTM?  Davies Or Hoilett?

I think Hoilett was the best player in the 1st half but Davies has controlled the game in the 2nd. 

I say MOTM goes to Davies.

Davies? What game were you watching? He was poor. I hope Bayern weren't watching that game, lol.

Archived