Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

• 10 months later...

Been saying it for a while now, I still can't believe tfc hasn't given this guy a contract yet. Not saying he would be a instant success. But for a player that literally outperformed Akinola and still not given a contract, makes you wonder what their priorities are. Vanney seems very hesitant on Mullins, so what's stopping him from trying Perruzza.

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

Bullshˆt. It took the "European interest" for them to offer him a first team contract eh. 
I'm literally over TFC stockpiling/hoarding young Canadian talent. I'm over it. 

But congrats to the kid on earning his spot. The journey has just begun.

For some stupid reason the signing is for 2021. 

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

For some stupid reason the signing is for 2021. 

Because they used up all their HG slots(29-30) with Nelson, and Marhsall-Rutty.
All I know next year better be a clean out - Mullins, Zavaleta, Dorsey. 

I'm sick of watching TFC use these average guys at the expense of HG/Canadian talent. 

13 minutes ago, Shway said:

I'm sick of watching TFC use these average guys at the expense of HG/Canadian talent. 

They just cycle through academy players and the hard core part of the fan base eats it up like we are a European team.

42 minutes ago, Shway said:

Screw that...Achara out, Akinola hurt, Jozy fragile, he should be up there now.  If Dunn is loaned out wouldnt that open up one of the supplemental (25-30) spots for Perruzza??  The fact that they have had Dunn and Okello on the back burner for several years, and signed Rutty and Nelsen  before you and they are several years younger should be a good warning to him. 

I should be happy for the kid, but this deal doesnt get him playing this year and it reeks of TFC just covering their ass, signing him 5min before he jumped ship.

Edited by Bison44

The shoe almost dropped a year or two ago for TFC -- it looked like they were ready for a bit of a rebuild, but with Pozuelo hitting the ground running they made the finals last year and are once again in "win now" mode.

Rebuilding in MLS can happen very quickly, and TFC finally have a smart management team in place. Unfortunately for the youngsters, this means that veterans will be leaned on.

I think the previous youngsters that got "pushed out" showed they weren't good enough (Aleman, Petrasso, Carreiro, Hamilton, Morgan frankly had a long leash). Edwards was one that I thought should have stayed. I think this current crop is one where many of the youngsters are good enough but may need to leave to get playing time.

I wonder if Osorio was a youngster on this team, would he get a chance? When he was coming up TFC were brutal and he got a decent amount of minutes and has now turned himself into an important player for Vanney.

29 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Nobody forced this guy to sign the contract. And if he wanted to go somewhere else he would be free to in a year or so. I dislike TFC as much as the next person, but can't fault them for wanting to sign one of their better prospects.

I understand completely what you saying...it’s not just the question of why, but why now ....because Europe came calling?

Maybe he wants to stay at TFC and leveraged the interest (real or imagined) in Europe to get a deal? Maybe he values the certainty of a deal in the MLS over the uncertainty of a loan plus option, especially an overseas one during a pandemic?

This all seems pretty reasonable to me. I want to see him play pro soccer as much as you guys -- I like his style but have questions if it will translate to the next level. But I can also understand why this is happening this way.

Good for Jordon hopefully it works out and good for TFC for signing another young Canadian . He plays one of the toughest positions in soccer, where your basically only judged by how many goals you score in a sport where goals are very hard to come by . However , hopefully it works out and he goes on to help TFC and eventually our national team in the future . The kid is still young I think he is turning 19 this year.

If he can't play for tfc until 21 I hope he is going straight out on loan in Europe. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a club wasnt lined up to sign him but he is going there on loan first. They get to try before they buy and tfc get a better fee.

Edited by toontownman