Closer match than I thought it would be, and the Yanks had a few sniffs towards the end there but no great surprise.  Dare to say Mexico only played half a match.  Also dare say was a really tough day at the office for Bradley.

Next time someone complains when BMO Field is 1/4 full of enemy supports I'm going to laugh in their face.  Sure, the US should be used to it by now but damn.

27 minutes ago, Ansem said:

7 minutes to play

Losing 1-0 to Mexico

Subbing out Altidore for Zardes was bad enough

But using the last sub for Lovitz???

Seems the US have the same coaching issues that we do 

I'd still take Berhalter over Herdman.

30 minutes ago, Ansem said:

7 minutes to play

Losing 1-0 to Mexico

Subbing out Altidore for Zardes was bad enough

But using the last sub for Lovitz???

Seems the US have the same coaching issues that we do 

Uhmm, no Berhalter got the US to the Gold Cup Final and the Americans created more chances to score than Canada.  Berhalter has a better coaching resume than Herdman and pushed Mexico to a tight game.  Put it this way, I’d rather have Caleb Porter, who is probably on the lower end of MLS coaches in salaries and tactics over Herdman any day. Berhalter is way out of our league.

8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'd give Herdman another try. From what I here from US fans, Berhalter is stubborn and set in his ways. 

I think Herdman is capable of learning and adjusting 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Uhmm, no Berhalter got the US to the Gold Cup Final and the Americans created more chances to score than Canada.  Berhalter has a better coaching resume than Herdman and pushed Mexico to a tight game.  Put it this way, I’d rather have Caleb Porter, who is probably on the lower end of MLS coaches in salaries and tactics over Herdman any day. Berhalter is way out of our league.

US fans are asking for his head right now and let's be honest here, their side of the bracket was much easier and they still got dominated by Curacao...lucky they scored on them. Jamaica didn't show up. They had to work against Trinidad in the group stage.

The Nation League will give us all the answers. 

Berhalter vs Herdman

Edited by Ansem

The last two Golden Boot winners but can’t get past the QF.  We just need to accept that we’re a nation of goal scorers and not defenders I guess. 😂

Also nice to see Cavallini in second.  We finally have our guys putting up some scary numbers.. remember Panama for years lived off of Tejada and Perez, it was intimidating to face them and look at their goal records compared to ours.  Hopefully David and Cavallini can be that but even better quality wise.

Some of you will disagree, but the future of US soccer should be bright. They have a really strong young core, including the spine of a team, and others that will improve with a little more age (ie Long). 2022 and 2026 should be good for them...I'm just wondering if coaching will keep them down.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Can I vote for Tata?

His second half tactical adjustments helped take Pulisic out of the game, plugged the midfield, and shifted the momentum Mexico's way.

Edited by BearcatSA

10 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Next time someone complains when BMO Field is 1/4 full of enemy supports

When has this happened? 

Outside of the U20, it hasn't. 

We also haven't played Mexico there either.  

1 minute ago, admin said:

When has this happened? 

Jamaica has had 25%+ when playing at BMO.  But other than that.. no.  

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Jamaica has had 25%+ when playing at BMO.  But other than that.. no.  

No, they didn't. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, admin said:

No, they didn't. 

Logically they would have had to.  Granted, they were spread around and not as over zealous in support but nonetheless.

I’ve been at every home match at BMO since 2011 and to the game vs Jamaica in 2008.  The only 2 matches where we have broken 20,000 fans were both against Jamaica ... in 2008 and the 2017 friendly.

The USA and Panama matches both had around 16,000 people.  So, logically you would have to account for the extra 5-6k as Jamaica fans correct?  Sure, they may be more neutral but they’re still coming because Jamaica is in town.  Evidently they’re not going to the USA match, which should be a bigger draw but for the boost of Jamaica fans.

Also: when we played Ecuador in 2011.  They absolutely had around 30-40% support at the very least.

Edited by CanadaFan123

People over estimate the numbers because of the bright yellow.

This actually gets looked at quite closely from a logistic and marketing perspective. 

Your logic here does not track because the number of people at the game is far too dependent on night of game, long weekend, the Ex, friendly, competition ect.....

Posted (edited)

Quite clearly at least 25% Ecuador support here.  Actually it was probably around 35-40%.. no over estimation just look for yourself. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

Now that is a game that the % was high for sure.   Forgot about that one.  The yellow still makes it stand out more, just like Jamaica.

But please, continue to work hard at telling us all how terrible we are.

You know. **** this.

I'm done.

Canadian soccer fans are ********.  ******* not worth my time anymore.

Who wants to pay for this.

Step up now

Posted (edited)

What are you on about?  Who said anything about terrible?  I think we’ve made amazing progress and that was 8 years ago.  Was just pointing out that you were incorrect.

What other countries do is not a slight on us.  We can’t set up barricades to keep them out. 

The point is that it happens to the USA and it’s sure as hell gonna happen to us sometimes as well.

Edited by CanadaFan123

10 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Can I vote for Tata?

His second half tactical adjustments helped take Pulisic out of the game, plugged the midfield, and shifted the momentum Mexico's way.

So does that mean Herdman was right not to play his cards against Mexico until the 2nd half, when it was too late for Tata to make tactical adjustments? ;)

One thing I will say for Berhalter is that he got the team to progress within the tourney - they looked better against Jamaica & Mexico than they did in the first 4 games.

On the other hand, much of that can be attributed to who started up top in those two games against Jamaica & Mexico. As with TFC, if Altidore is not playing for whatever reason, there is a considerable drop-off for second choice. Seems to be lots of consternation with US fans that they don't  have a replacement yet for a player some feel is the anti-christ

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

So does that mean Herdman was right not to play his cards against Mexico until the 2nd half, when it was too late for Tata to make tactical adjustments? ;)

Maybe 😀

On the other hand, they also gave up a stupid goal at 2-0 against a team carrying the momentum but were able to overcome it and add a third to seal the victory. 

I would have really enjoyed a semi-final rematch against the Mexicans but I firmly believe that Tata and his staff would have been better prepared for us the second time but in the end, we never got to find out. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

When has this happened? 

It always gets exaggerated.  Was at the Mexico WCQ in Vancouver and I would've said 10K but you get on here and it's 30K.  Like, what?  What?

Geezus, the U20s.  Lifetime ago.

David only non Mexican and American to make best 11. Surprised no players from Haiti or CUW keeper was selected. And you have wonder about the list when Bradley makes it over McKennie.

17 minutes ago, red card said:

David only non Mexican and American to make best 11. Surprised no players from Haiti or CUW keeper was selected. And you have wonder about the list when Bradley makes it over McKennie.

I didnt watch all the US matches but Bradley was very poor against mexico.

Not sure why Ochoa made this team either

55 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I didnt watch all the US matches but Bradley was very poor against mexico.

Not sure why Ochoa made this team either

Well after they gave him the Golden Glove Award it would have been strange for him to not make the best 11. But yeah, one can certainly argue that there was room to award Room instead. Overall this wasn’t much of a keeper’s tourney.

And I don’t really get really get the Bradley choice either.