Gold Cup 2019

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

It's "know thy enemy" time

Looking at his resume... not a great choice. I think we're entering the USMNT decline 

How is his resume not adequate to what is leading us?  

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

He failed in Swedish 2nd division and is a mediocre MLS coach with a mediocre franchise (please NEVER use MLS and club in the same sentence) and the fact it took over a year to find this scrub is an indictment of the USSF. The CSA never was this dysfunctional even at its worst. 

Compare him to Herdman, who successfully built a program from the ground up and has a vision and benchmarks on where he wants Canada to be.

13 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

He failed in Swedish 2nd division and is a mediocre MLS coach with a mediocre franchise (please NEVER use MLS and club in the same sentence) and the fact it took over a year to find this scrub is an indictment of the USSF. The CSA never was this dysfunctional even at its worst. 

Compare him to Herdman, who successfully built a program from the ground up and has a vision and benchmarks on where he wants Canada to be.

You are rapidly becoming one of the all time trolls.  

18 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You are rapidly becoming one of the all time trolls.  

So when was the last time the CSA held a fake election, ignored all problems, been really opaque towards fans, or go over a year w/o a coach for the CANMNT? Or does the CSA have a conflict of interest with something like SUM or hire people based on nepotism?

5 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

So when was the last time the CSA held a fake election, ignored all problems, been really opaque towards fans, or go over a year w/o a coach for the CANMNT? Or does the CSA have a conflict of interest with something like SUM or hire people based on nepotism?

HAHAHA, u r funny.  If you want to bitch about the US program, go to site that gives a crap about USMNT.  

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

How is his resume not adequate to what is leading us?  

It's not. Some people here are annoyingly eager to shit on the USMNT at all times, even to the detriment of discussing Canada (the primary purpose of this board).

23 minutes ago, RS said:

It's not. Some people here are annoyingly eager to shit on the USMNT at all times, even to the detriment of discussing Canada (the primary purpose of this board).

That's because Canada is still putting teams into US sanctioned leagues and refuse to pull out of MLS. Reminding Canadian fans that Canada is better than the US will change their minds.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:17 AM, SpecialK said:

I think we got a great chance of winning. Mexico normally doesn’t bring their best squad. If Canada brings everyone we are going to be dangerous ! 

To be completely honest, Canada is far from a strongly run federation.  From the National program through to provincial, regional  and local programs.  I know the systems fairly well and most people would be surprised at the dysfunction of Canadian soccer.  Without going into details, I think it is fair to say that most of us are confident that we are seeing a bit of a turnaround in recent years.  However, lets not forget how terribly handled the release of Zambrano was.  He did an excellent job while in charge and had excellent plans and ideas for development.

3 hours ago, RS said:

Shit on the US? Dont make me repost those ESPN FC videos where analysts said they weren't that good or used "mediocre" as well.

It's EQUALLY annoying to see posts where some put that team on some kind of unattainable pedestal.

I'll give the US that they have more depth.

Our best starting XI can compete with theirs but if our A team gets plague with injuries, than we're in trouble. I always said that. I mean, I have watched their friendlies... have you? It was eerily bad... Should be better under the new coach with a coherent vision...but by how? Remains to be seen.

I was pointing out in a "Gold Cup" thread that the US aren't that much more better than us coaching wise.

As for discussing Canada, that's all I do, really

Edited by Ansem

The depth advantage is only temporary. Once the CPL launches Canada will have the advantage of a proper league and soccer pyramid. And you can say the average Canadian player is more technically skilled than American ones and Canadians will continue to improve.

Canada can dominate the US in hockey and rugby, so what's different about soccer?

1 hour ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

The depth advantage is only temporary. Once the CPL launches Canada will have the advantage of a proper league and soccer pyramid. And you can say the average Canadian player is more technically skilled than American ones and Canadians will continue to improve.

Canada can dominate the US in hockey and rugby, so what's different about soccer?

Err.. based on what exactly? Cause a sure hell of a lot that assumption has gotten us no..?

4 hours ago, jpg75 said:

No he's not, you see him coming from a mile away. His game is weak.

I hope him and Robert never meet. The two would keep going in circles until the servers of this site wouldn’t be able to handle it anymore. The USSF is the worst ever! No, the CSA is the worst ever! MLS is doomed to fail! No CPL is doomed to fail!

Luckily Robert only posts in his own threads, so if they do meet it will likely be in a ridiculous thread that we can all safely ignore.

11 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Based on facts because US sucks at everything. 

Sir, you and 300 million of your compatriots have some serious homework to do on the meaning of facts. Isn't there an NRA forum you could be trolling instead?  I hear that #trump on Twitter has some spirited "debate"...

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

....We need to add some sort of eye roll reaction.

Or a Survivor mechanism where you could be voted off the Island.

-----------------------------------------

EDIT:  For the record, I have often wondered about this sort of mechanism.  It would have to be bully-proofed so that you couldn't arbitrarily mean-girl someone off the site.  Maybe a really high threshold of support required to get the boot.  Another idea was allowing the OP of a thread to block certain people from posting on it.  I mainly thought of this when wading through the naysayers constant babbling in the CPL threads.  Maybe Jamie's idea of a controlled membership section solves that.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Edited by dyslexic nam

• 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

"15 zonas de los Estados Unidos y una sede en el Caribe, aún por anunciarse, darán la bienvenida a la edición 2019 de esta competencia."

So San Pedro Sula will not be hosting?

Jamaica or T&T then?

The latest rumour is that CONCACAF had studied the possibility of playing the first of Honduras' games in Honduras, and then decided that was a no go...and then looked at the possibility of putting that game in the Caribbean...but has since decided (for rea$on$ unknown) that the game will be played at Toyota Stadium in Frisco Texas.

So the Dallas area will host games from two different groups.

http://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/1256518-498/seleccion-de-honduras-conoce-sede-partidos-copa-oro-concacaf-2019-houston-dallas-fabian-coito

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille