49 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

I agree, Akindele still has something to offer, specially if provided with the right support. Honestly, for me Johnson was always going to be a fringe player, specially now with guys like Piette, Kaye, and soon Eustaquio joining the fray

I'll take Teibert over Johnson right now anyways.  Both hard working with excellent work rates.  Very similar in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Do we know which broadcaster (if any) is carrying the Gold Cup  yet?

In Canada, it's RDS and TSN. I know RDS will show every Canada games and the knockout stage. 

Judging by the photos it looks like he actually joined camp on Wednesday and not yesterday.  They added a pic early LA time yesterday of him juggling with teammates so he would have been there the day before.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Judging by the photos it looks like he actually joined camp on Wednesday and not yesterday.  They added a pic early LA time yesterday of him juggling with teammates so he would have been there the day before.

Goes to show we shouldn't panic so easily and jump to conclusions, but considering it happened to be Will, I get why we did.

4 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

looks like Noah Verhoeven has been added as a training player. Good experience for him. 

He's a training player in that he won't be part of the Gold Cup, but does that rule him out for the friendly with T&T? It's probably a long shot, but that would be a great experience for him. 

39 minutes ago, ted said:

Um, try to keep up. This was two pages ago in this thread. ;)

And here I am thinking I’m dropping the latest story.. whoops 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's a training player in that he won't be part of the Gold Cup, but does that rule him out for the friendly with T&T? It's probably a long shot, but that would be a great experience for him. 

I think it’s likely that him and Straith get a run out for a look and a “thank you”. 

Meanwhile in the Pan-American stadium of San Cristóbal 

Jun 7 2019 U23 Dominican Rep 1-0 Cuba 

and according to Dominican reports the Cubans played terrible  and their level left a lot to be desired 

Cuba will play once again vs U23 Dominican Rep next 10 Jun before Gold Cup

So DR finished 14th in Nations League Qualifying, missed the Gold Cup, and will start in League B.

Meanwhile, Cuba finished 6th and qualified for both Gold Cup and Nations League A.

Yet, they lost to DR's under 23 team?

Interesting.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, Obinna said:

If it's a 6-subs type of friendly he can get some playing time. Straith too.

I hope Okello gets a least 45 minutes.

As I stated earlier in this thread with only 1 friendly warm up game before the Gold Cup.  I want to see the 17 players we intend to use during the tournament.  Personally I don't believe this is the type of friendly to be playing Noah, Straith & Okello.

This is the biggest problem with playing one or two friendlies a year.  You need to build on-field chemistry especially before a tournament and therefore you're unable to give these fringe players experience.

The worst part of the one friendly is that prob only the top 11 get a run out (as Corazon said) and we know that there will be a bunch of rotation because of the nature of the tournie.  

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

Is it safe to say we'll get no stream or coverage for this match tomorrow? Or is the game Monday? Still not sure..

I'm still not sure it's safe this match is even being played since nobody seems to want to admit it.

Of course possible benefit to not playing friendlies is that you don't get hammered 3-0 by South American opposition heading in as a morale-killer. That's currently happening to both Honduras (losing 3-0 in the first half to Brazil) and the US who are losing 3-0 to a team we've never lost to in our history - Venezuela - with currently 14 minutes to go....

US are getting owned by Venezuela. They are a shadow of their former selves. 

Might be time to recognize that we've caught up, dare I say on the verge of surpassing them.

The last few games they had were bitter crap...but more so...vintage Canada playing style

Leave Berhalter there...who cares if the US sucks??  If they screw up and we can make the semis or final of gold cup it would be great.  

Is the friendly going?? You'd think Can soccer would have a tweet or two about it.