WWCQ - Semi Final Viewing Parties - Oct 14th

Admin

I don't think we are going to be able to set one up in Winnipeg.  Nicolinos doesn't open until 5:00 on Sundays and kick off is 3:30 pm local.  I don't know where else to stream a game here.

We'll play the final by ear, but I'm worried it will be hard to get people out because it is a busy week here in Winnipeg.  We have Valour membership sign ups most of the week in the evening (I think), the Nations league viewing on Tuesday, and open trials viewing on Friday.

12 hours ago, admin said:

Yeah, the place I have is opening early for us. I am weary of it.  I don't know how many people will show up. 

I don't want to burn a venue with having staff come in and only 3 people show up. 

That's my worry too.  

6 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Assuming we win this game and play the USA, will that game be on TV? Will TSN just piggy-back on FS2's feed in the US?

It's possible. Canada vs USA in women's sports sells. If a Canadian network thinks it makes money by acquring the final, it will do so. However, I doubt that they would pick it up.

6 hours ago, BreadBoy said:

TSN is covering Canada vs Dominica on Tuesday........

Not the same thing. CSA/CSB doesn't sell the rights for the CONCACAF Women's Championship. So if the group who has gotten the rights wants to sell it to TSN/Sportsnet, they can, but if TSN/Sportsnet doesn't want to pay the price, it won't happen. 

Archived