uSports (2018 Men's soccer)

gwsmith63

Have only seen a smattering of comments around a few other topics (mostly pertaining to CPL and draft, etc).

Are there any regular posters on here who frequent University Men's soccer?

Not necessarily in terms of specific players (although if any are standing out this year, please mention), more a general sense of which teams are watched and impressing this season on the road to Nationals in November?

Personally, I watched Carleton for the first time yesterday against UofT and thought it was a terrific game.  Ended 3-2 for the Blues, handing the Ravens their first loss of the season (after the Ravens had beaten Ryerson the day before; the Rams first loss of the year).

Cheers

gws

On Northern Starting Eleven we have one guy who follows UBC. There was another who occasionally made a UVic match.

I think I've caught 2 or 3 matches at Laurentian, but any sort of U-Sports coverage is few and far between.

If you'd like to help alleviate that error, feel free to send me a DM and I'll get an account setup for you to publish through NSXI.

8 hours ago, Rintaran said:

If you'd like to help alleviate that error, feel free to send me a DM and I'll get an account setup for you to publish through NSXI.

Bit late in the day to solicit correspondents isn't it? I mean the season wraps up in the next two weeks doesn't it?

10 hours ago, ted said:

Bit late in the day to solicit correspondents isn't it? I mean the season wraps up in the next two weeks doesn't it?

When you're constantly in need of more writers, you're constantly looking. There's always another season, and having an article or two come out in advance of the November 12th draft is better than none.

Would love to have an occasional article out of the LSB's too, if there's ever any interest in doing so. I'm sadly no longer within range of the Highlanders, Vikes, or future Pacific FC matches.

• 3 weeks later...

CAPERS searching for repeat in Vancouver

A year after their first national title in school history, the Cape Bretons CAPERS look to keep possession of  the Sam Davidson Memorial Trophy when the 2018 U SPORTS Men’s Soccer Championship opens this week.

The CAPERS spent much of season atop the U SPORTS Top 10 rankings while the host UBC Thunderbirds looking to win their 14th U SPORTS championship and first since 2013, enter as the most decorated side in the eight-team field.

Full draw results, a championship schedule and team-by-team previews are available below.

The 2018 U SPORTS Men’s Soccer Championship kicks off on Thursday at Thunderbird Stadium and concludes next Sunday with the gold-medal final at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.  Livestreaming is available on USPORTS.LIVE.

Humber Hawks from Toronto wins their fifth CCAA men’s  national championship since 2012 today at the college national championships in PEI in Charlottetown. The Humber Hawks beat Ahuntsic from Quebec 1-0. Mike Aquino head coach of Humber Hawks wins his fourth national championship since taking over as head coach of the Humber Hawks in 2013. Really not much difference in level of soccer between CCAA soccer and University USport soccer. Maybe not a bad idea for looking at coaches like Mike Aquino who have this kind of success for coaching our U17 and U20 men’s teams. Maybe a missing ingredient at our U17 and U20 national teams is bringing in coaches that also have experience winning and putting winning teams together , a winning mentality is also needed to get these teams to qualify.

Archived